• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Steering stabilizer

TonkaTank93

My steering stabilizer is getting pretty old. Probably the original one from back in '03. It's time to replace it as I've been running 40" tires for about 2yr now and the steering has some wiggle in it from time to time. Has anyone upgraded theirs? Is a dual shock stabilizer worth it?

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

I am not entirely sure the double shock stabilizer is worth it yet. I would beef up the rest of the steering first if you have not already done so. I'm only running 38s, but have the kryptonite centerlink and tie-rods as well as the cognito support brackets and there is a lot of stress and twisting on the steering. I just snapped the cognito support bracket on my idler arm this past weekend. The entire idler arm came apart once the bracket broke, I think it was the only thing holding it all together. Was able to bind it all together and limp home and put a new idler arm on.

MilamJR

I replaced mine with a Bilstein single version. No complaints but really hasn’t been off road since I installed it because I have to replace the front differential bushings. That is scheduled for next Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk