Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Bald Tire
    Thanks

First outing with my '06 H3

Bought it on Wed., had a full end to end service on Thu., hit the nearest trial today, Sun. I'm very impressed with the trail abilities of this stock Adv. model. My daughter rode shotgun today, and we met a nice family at trails end, man and wife in a late model, highly modified Tacoma, and their son and daughter in an older model JDM Hilux, also very highly modified, huge lift, 35s, and lots of other goodies. They were impressed that my stock H3 had made it through all the trenches and washouts to get to where we met, with no damage.

We were at the headwaters of Norrish Creek, BC, Canada.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Great pics! Looks like a fun day out on the trail. Glad your H3 performed so well for you. If you're going to keep going out please consider removing those step bars as they absolutely will get crunched on a rock, tree, etc. They can get pushed into a tire creating an instant parking brake.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Thanks. The step bars came off on the next day, Labour Day. Since then, the rad blew on Tuesday afternoon, so i had it replaced, and added an in-line trans cooler. Today I went to a picnic meet in the mountains (Ryder Lake Park) with some buddies and their families, and had a fail to start situation when it was time to leave. It would crank, but not fire. Possible fuel pump issue?? It has been towed to the nearest GM dealers lot, and I'll be on the phone to them first thing Monday morning.

I bought a low miler hoping that this sort of issue would be in the distant future, but I guess that's not in my cards right now. :-(

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Could be a faulty relay, keep in mind those trucks are at least 10 years old and expect certain things to start failing due to age.
    The climate will sure be a big detrement as well as how the truck was treated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

El Diablo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Could be a Passlock issue. If the security light was flashing that would be an indicator. Plus it would likely start after sitting for ten minutes with no start attempts.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    No passlock light flashing, and no start after an hour wait.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BC backroader For This Useful Post:

alrock (09-13-2020)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I got a call from the dealer today; apparently the ignition switch is not communicating with the ECM. Of course, the part isn't in stock locally, so I wait another day for the truck. Oh how I miss the early days, when spark and fuel were easy to diagnose, and easy to repair!

Mall Crawler

Thanks
    Glad you had a great first day out. Looks like a beautiful area.
    Passlock issue is common, but easy fix. At least you weren’t out on the trail when it happened.
    2005 H2 Adventure