Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
  1. #61
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well...

    It took a while but I got the missing pieces that I needed. This Torx Plus bit, and the rest of the clutches and steels for the forward and overrun sets. Due to the pandemic, Raybestos had a 6-8 lead time on the pieces that I needed. Luckily, I was able to get the friction set from WIT and they pieced together the few missing steels that I needed to move forward.

    Name:  SntJ9Rw.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  190.3 KB


    Started the teardown.

    Name:  Gz0KunU.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  476.4 KB


    ​Don't want to do this twice so I've tried to build this thing the right way.

    Sonnax smart tech input housing and Borg Warner 29 element dual cage sprag. The Sonnax housing allows for more full sized frictions and steels for more power holding capacity.

    Name:  cokzegZ.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  271.3 KB


    GM 5-pinion rear planetary to replace our stock 4-pinion piece & Sonnax high strength input shaft.

    Name:  np2MJWZ.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  390.6 KB


    Installing the Sonnax 2nd & 4th gear super hold servos.

    Name:  VbPxDmW.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  366.0 KB


    The smart tech input housing loaded up with the 3/4 Raybestos GPZ frictions and lindered steels

    Name:  4A5vZXF.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  375.8 KB

    New GM reverse input drum and Sonnax extra wide Kevlar band


    Name:  wqtYRcV.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  366.3 KB


    And probably my favorite piece of this tranny build is this 6-pinion front planetary. This changes our gear ratios to allow less engine RPM on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, thus keeping the engine better in it's power band.

    Name:  l5GFSV8.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  248.6 KB
    Name:  jQCjExW.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  349.4 KB


    More Sonnax parts. Modified oil pump and installed their Performance Pack modifications to the valve body (didn't get any pictures).

    Name:  QUbvHqn.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  451.8 KB

    Name:  m1DYCmC.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  494.7 KB

    Name:  BOyVjK1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  559.7 KB


    All wrapped up and ready to go back in


    Name:  ntlZ3rL.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  468.6 KB



    Still lot of work to be done!
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  2. #62
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    More progress.

    Prepping the bottom of the LS3. Installed windage tray and oil pick-up tube

    Name:  AZL1IIY.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  441.1 KB


    Close up of cylinder #4's forged internals.



    Name:  gNVL3RR.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  220.9 KB


    Thanks to the Hummer chat boys for this one. This is going to make future oil changes much quicker and easier with the Rancho.



    Name:  hLUAbIB.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  402.6 KB


    Mounted the engine/tranny/transfercase back on the frame. Whew!

    Name:  9AoIhqQ.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  579.5 KB

    Stopped here for now. Most of the big work is done. The small stuff is really going to be taking up the rest of the time as we put it back together. And there are a TON of small things to do lol.
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

    Korby7 (07-21-2021)

  4. #63
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Worked on a few different things today.

    I've read in a few different threads that some of the few other that have done the larger motor swaps experience higher coolant temps, so I have a few mods to help with that.

    One of them being the thermostat. Stock Alpha thermostat is a 186 degree F unit, and this new Lingenfelter piece is a little lower than that at 174 degrees. They make much lower stats (170, 160, etc), but I didn't want to go too aggressive, this isn't a race car. Should help a bit


    Name:  HCojx7u.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  256.4 KB


    Swapped the Lingenfelter thermostat in the new water pump, mounted accessories. Ran into the known issue of running the LS3 intake manifold with the Alpha accessories. As you can see, the throttle body has clearance issues with the pulley in front of it. Will have to cut on the line shown. Thanks to Armg for reminding me of this and the part number to the new belt size needed to run without the pulley (it was almost perfect, I had to grab a size larger though).


    Name:  IwdgkgQ.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  288.0 KB


    Installed the new ceramic coated JBA shorty headers. They are pretty nice in general, but I am really not a fan of the raised port design on them (the flanges aren't flat). Added copper RTV on new OEM gaskets to ensure no exhaust leaks. Threw their junk gaskets that came in the headers in the trash.


    Name:  WphHXSr.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  314.5 KB


    Starting to look like a proper engine!

    The truck is now 12 years old. It's honestly in great shape in my opinion. No rust and nothing f**ked up on it thankfully. Frame, body etc. But the one thing I noticed was that the wire harness loom was VERY brittle in some places, other places it was cracked or falling off (wire running across top of transmission). So I took the better part of 2 hours reconditioning the harness, taking it off the motor and removing the old plastic loom in places it was showing it's age, and replacing with new shielding and new electrical tape. Also added more wire heat shield wrap to the areas near the exhaust where the OEM heat shielding is.

    Name:  8orazPl.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  430.7 KB

    Getting there. Almost time to put the cab back on.



    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  5. #64
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    detroit
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    Well...

    It took a while but I got the missing pieces that I needed. This Torx Plus bit, and the rest of the clutches and steels for the forward and overrun sets. Due to the pandemic, Raybestos had a 6-8 lead time on the pieces that I needed. Luckily, I was able to get the friction set from WIT and they pieced together the few missing steels that I needed to move forward.

    Name:  SntJ9Rw.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  190.3 KB


    Started the teardown.

    Name:  Gz0KunU.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  476.4 KB


    ​Don't want to do this twice so I've tried to build this thing the right way.

    Sonnax smart tech input housing and Borg Warner 29 element dual cage sprag. The Sonnax housing allows for more full sized frictions and steels for more power holding capacity.

    Name:  cokzegZ.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  271.3 KB


    GM 5-pinion rear planetary to replace our stock 4-pinion piece & Sonnax high strength input shaft.

    Name:  np2MJWZ.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  390.6 KB


    Installing the Sonnax 2nd & 4th gear super hold servos.

    Name:  VbPxDmW.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  366.0 KB


    The smart tech input housing loaded up with the 3/4 Raybestos GPZ frictions and lindered steels

    Name:  4A5vZXF.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  375.8 KB

    New GM reverse input drum and Sonnax extra wide Kevlar band


    Name:  wqtYRcV.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  366.3 KB


    And probably my favorite piece of this tranny build is this 6-pinion front planetary. This changes our gear ratios to allow less engine RPM on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, thus keeping the engine better in it's power band.

    Name:  l5GFSV8.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  248.6 KB
    Name:  jQCjExW.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  349.4 KB


    More Sonnax parts. Modified oil pump and installed their Performance Pack modifications to the valve body (didn't get any pictures).

    Name:  QUbvHqn.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  451.8 KB

    Name:  m1DYCmC.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  494.7 KB

    Name:  BOyVjK1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  559.7 KB


    All wrapped up and ready to go back in


    Name:  ntlZ3rL.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  468.6 KB



    Still lot of work to be done!
    Looking good. What gets modified on their oil pump?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #65
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy p View Post
    Looking good. What gets modified on their oil pump?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

    Thanks buddy. The Performance Pack from Sonnax gives you a billet pressure regulator boost valve & higher pressure spring, as well as a high RPM pump slide spring. According to their website, the performance pack does:


    • "Consistent, firmer shifts under load without sacrificing low-speed drivability or guessing on calibration
      • Faster pressure increase and higher overall pressure for greater clutch/band holding power
      • Three ultra-reliable, patented, billet pinless accumulator pistons
      • Unique 1-2 accumulator spring combination for shifts with character
      • Improved high RPM pressure
      • Third accumulator valve gets the 2-3 right the first time, every time

    • Durable parts target commonly worn areas and prevent future damage to the accumulators and separator plate
    • The only way to eliminate PWM function without over-pressurizing converters (optional)"

    Can't wait to feel how it drives!
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  7. #66
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 406 Times in 338 Posts
    If you had the trans tuned previously for firmer shifts make sure you reset the epc solenoid value to stock otherwise that shift is gona feel like a hammer banging the back of your head. Its was recommended on other performance forums to do so and saved my neck...

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

    09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

  8. #67
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    If you had the trans tuned previously for firmer shifts make sure you reset the epc solenoid value to stock otherwise that shift is gona feel like a hammer banging the back of your head. Its was recommended on other performance forums to do so and saved my neck...

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

    Yep, we are resetting trans tune to stock due to all the parts that increase pressure already lol. Definitely a good idea.
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  9. #68
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Welded the exhaust to join the new headers, finished harness on frame/engine and installed the Daystar body lift on the cabin. What an annoying process, let me tell you...


    Name:  YWgrwbn.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  229.9 KB


    No pictures yet. We started flying through the rest of the long to-do list and were on a roll. Still need to install body lift on the bed. Probably do that tomorrow.


    Installed the Motion Raceworks steam port vent, & cut the bracket to allow clearance for the throttle body. You end up losing the pulley that sits there. Picture showing belt routing after cutting the pulley off.


    Name:  7CTdiDJ.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  194.3 KB


    Not really happy with the amount of belt wrap we have on the power steering pump. Apparently it works just fine for the few that have done it this way but I wanted to change it. Shoutout to Amrg again for showing me this pulley relocation bracket from ICT Billet that adds a bit more belt wrap to the power steering pump pulley. Ordered this up but it won't be here in time for first fire up, which is fine, we'll just install it later with the longer belt.


    Name:  oxbDria.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  142.4 KB

    Reinstalled the biga$$ ECP radiator, Supermodulation e-Fans and AC condenser. Then installed the TruCool 40k transmission cooler. I knew this thing was large, but this sucker is HUGE! Managed to get it all tucked in nicely with just a slight tilt down and to the front on the passenger side. Running this cooler separate from the ECP radiator to avoid the possibility of mixing coolant and tranny oil in case the radiator fails. Makes the radiator cooling the engine coolant as it's only priority. I'm expecting to generate a bit more heat than stock with the higher stall converter. Hopefully, everything works nicely together.

    Also painted the hood latch support bar. Was showing indications of rust.

    Name:  Efs9D5c.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  495.6 KB


    With the low profile LS3 manifold, it doesn't even look like there's an engine in there with this angle lol.



    Very close to first start-up. Still lots of little things and wires to wrap up. Hopefully have it running by tomorrow night assuming we don't run into any issues.

    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  10. #69
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpcalero View Post
    Welded the exhaust to join the new headers, finished harness on frame/engine and installed the Daystar body lift on the cabin. What an annoying process, let me tell you...


    Name:  YWgrwbn.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  229.9 KB


    No pictures yet. We started flying through the rest of the long to-do list and were on a roll. Still need to install body lift on the bed. Probably do that tomorrow.


    Installed the Motion Raceworks steam port vent, & cut the bracket to allow clearance for the throttle body. You end up losing the pulley that sits there. Picture showing belt routing after cutting the pulley off.


    Name:  7CTdiDJ.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  194.3 KB


    Not really happy with the amount of belt wrap we have on the power steering pump. Apparently it works just fine for the few that have done it this way but I wanted to change it. Shoutout to Amrg again for showing me this pulley relocation bracket from ICT Billet that adds a bit more belt wrap to the power steering pump pulley. Ordered this up but it won't be here in time for first fire up, which is fine, we'll just install it later with the longer belt.


    Name:  oxbDria.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  142.4 KB

    Reinstalled the biga$$ ECP radiator, Supermodulation e-Fans and AC condenser. Then installed the TruCool 40k transmission cooler. I knew this thing was large, but this sucker is HUGE! Managed to get it all tucked in nicely with just a slight tilt down and to the front on the passenger side. Running this cooler separate from the ECP radiator to avoid the possibility of mixing coolant and tranny oil in case the radiator fails. Makes the radiator cooling the engine coolant as it's only priority. I'm expecting to generate a bit more heat than stock with the higher stall converter. Hopefully, everything works nicely together.

    Also painted the hood latch support bar. Was showing indications of rust.

    Name:  Efs9D5c.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  495.6 KB


    With the low profile LS3 manifold, it doesn't even look like there's an engine in there with this angle lol.



    Very close to first start-up. Still lots of little things and wires to wrap up. Hopefully have it running by tomorrow night assuming we don't run into any issues.

    AMAZING GPcalero!!

    About the Tranny cooler I have mounted the same in my two h3s and you are going to have cooler temps than you will like...lol, the tranny cooler is huge and super capable, I runned it with more than 90F outside temperature, in desert dunes with low speed and LOT of tranny abuse and temps never climb over 170F, for me its amazing, tranny really likes cooler temps...the only issue running cooler temps is not eliminating all the condensation inside the oil, just replace the tranny fluid more often and you are good to go!

    In my case, I use a bottle of Lucas Oil Transmission Fix additive in each of my tranny fluid changes, I can see a reduce in tranny temps of almost 10F, and the additive stabilize the Cooler fluid of tranny
    You know, the killer of trannies is high temperature

    Keep the amazing work!! And keep us posted

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guerrero For This Useful Post:

    Gpcalero (07-23-2021)

  12. #70
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    Posts
    9,115
    Thanks
    1,091
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,177 Posts
    Awesome work! I enjoyed the transmission tear down pics. Havent gotten into a 4L60E yet
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA D70 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, hybrid cage, Warn 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

    "H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

    Gpcalero (07-25-2021)

  14. #71
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    AMAZING GPcalero!!

    About the Tranny cooler I have mounted the same in my two h3s and you are going to have cooler temps than you will like...lol, the tranny cooler is huge and super capable, I runned it with more than 90F outside temperature, in desert dunes with low speed and LOT of tranny abuse and temps never climb over 170F, for me its amazing, tranny really likes cooler temps...the only issue running cooler temps is not eliminating all the condensation inside the oil, just replace the tranny fluid more often and you are good to go!

    In my case, I use a bottle of Lucas Oil Transmission Fix additive in each of my tranny fluid changes, I can see a reduce in tranny temps of almost 10F, and the additive stabilize the Cooler fluid of tranny
    You know, the killer of trannies is high temperature

    Keep the amazing work!! And keep us posted
    Thanks Oscar! We'll see how hot she actually gets. I'll keep you guys updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 H3 View Post
    Awesome work! I enjoyed the transmission tear down pics. Haven’t gotten into a 4L60E yet
    Thanks Chris, I wish I had gotten pictures of the valve body modifications to show you guys. That was probably my favorite part of the tranny build. Also the part that worried me the most, because you permanently modify these valve bodies and they are hard to get
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  15. #72
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Hopefully have it running by tomorrow night assuming we don't run into any issues.


    Well... I f**king jinx'd myself.

    Drained the transfer-case and replaced with fresh fluid. Surprised that these BorgWarner cases only take 1.7 quarts. Stuff looked like it was long overdue for a fluid change! Feel like it should be changed more often that you think. Anyways, after filling the T-case, I filled the transmission with 10 quarts of Dex XI (overhaul/dry fill is 11 quarts) and moved on to filling the engine with the break-in oil.

    After this, I noticed ATF dripping from the bottom of the truck. Doesn't take a genius to know that's not good. Under further inspection, it wasn't leaking from the pan or dripping down the side of torque converter, it's coming from behind the torque converter which means only one thing... the transmission is leaking from the front of the housing/oil pump. So the transmission has to come out again, but this time, from under the truck.



    Name:  sdP8wKU.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  429.0 KB


    Being upset was an understatement. I was so mad lol.

    We went over everything. Double and triple checked our whole transmission procedures and found that we missed a quick but important step. Our oil pumps don't have an internal seal/o-ring, they are wedge-style pumps which means you press them in and bolt them down. However, the front/exterior of the pump does take a seal, and it gets pressed in between the ridges of the oil pump/case and the bell housing shown below. I think in our excitement having finished the trans, we bolted on the bell housing and dropped in on the frame with the engine. Luckily, we don't have to pull the pan or take apart the the actual transmission, just drop it and remove the bell housing.

    Pic just showing the location of the missed seal.

    Name:  GamE5MH.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  470.0 KB


    Grateful to have Amazon Prime next day delivery. New seal came in and we installed it, and compressed it in with the bell housing. Such a bummer to have to backtrack, but that's the game we play. And for those that rebuild their own transmissions, be mindful that the seal kit you buy, may not have this newer style seal in it. Ours didn't.


    Reinstalled transmission. Nice and final (hopefully) view of the Circle D Specialties billet converter.


    Name:  529nOPF.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  287.3 KB


    Another setback. Pulled a couple of wires mistakenly and broke off a diode on the e-fans while troubleshooting them and disabling the fans. Attempting repair tomorrow when parts get in but wrapped up the rest of the engine bay for first start! Just need to do some wire management and she'll be all set.



    Name:  Py7exSZ.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  410.5 KB


    ​Never a dull moment
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.


  16. #73
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 406 Times in 338 Posts
    Patiently waiting on that first start video. Good luck

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

    09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

  17. #74
    Super Swamper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,887
    Thanks
    1,181
    Thanked 514 Times in 406 Posts
    I have been gone for a while and look at this progress!!!! Great work!

    Think the JBA shorty headers will clear the frame on a Alpha?
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to RamRod For This Useful Post:

    Gpcalero (07-27-2021)

  19. #75
    Low Profile
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    Patiently waiting on that first start video. Good luck

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

    It's coming!!



    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    I have been gone for a while and look at this progress!!!! Great work!

    Think the JBA shorty headers will clear the frame on a Alpha?

    Hey bud. Yep, I know the JBA shorties will clear the frame no problem, and no issues with the steering column either! But they don't bolt up directly to stock exhaust. And I don't really like their portside flange design. Other than that, they are decent. Here's an excerpt I wrote up for another forum member the other day.

    -- The passenger side exit is aimed nicely parallel to the frame. The driver side is a little bit more tight but it fits on my vehicle without any modifications to the header or surrounding parts on my truck (besides the receiving stock exhaust). The stock exhaust will only be a little bit off on the passenger side but you should be able to fabricate the little misalignment there. The driver side however is quite a bit off, and it does aim the output in an area that gets tight/close to the frame but the headers themselves clear just fine.

    Here is the passenger side showing how nicely it falls into place. And then below, my driver side. Don’t pay attention to my booger welds, this is just a temporary set up to finish my swap before I have an actual exhaust shop weld me in a full system lol. I am by no means a good welder!




    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

    >>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<<

    '09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit, Texas Speed 212/218 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Auxiliary Gas Tank, Matte Black "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear Airbags, LS3 Swap in Progress...


    SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2018, 03:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2018, 09:25 PM
  3. "Sinister" 08 Alpha Build
    By derian06 in forum Builds
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 02:51 PM
  4. Lol! Keeping gett'n the "bird", "finger", "FU digit" driving or parked....
    By Happy Hummer in forum HUMMER H3 2006-2010; H3T 2009-2010
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  5. Timgco's 2012 JKU Build "Tail Rated 2.0"
    By Timgco in forum Builds
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 07:56 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Logout