Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    Great results! Has the idle speed been raised from 550 rpm (stock). If not and with you already making 90% of max torque at 2500 rpm a higher stalled TC isnt necessary, esp if you plan to tow alot

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Yep! Not sure what it is actually set at now but I can approximate it when I drive it next.

And exactly, the reason for going with this specific cam was to not have to buy an aftermarket converter lol. When I spoke to Texas Speed about the kind of camshaft I wanted, they indicated that if I go much larger, then they would recommend a higher stalled converter which was something I didn't want to install. The future setup will deff need a new converter. Have one spec'd by Circle D already
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- Modified, probably.

SOLD --- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Bald Tire
    Thanks

Local Sighting - Badass H3T

Saw this badass H3T not too long ago. Not sure if he's local but boy is his rig sweet.

Anybody know him?

Name:  MB7mMaL.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  345.9 KB

- Modified, probably.

295/75/18 Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door.

Bald Tire
    Thanks

The Duke's New Look

This was a bit of a spa day for the Duke.

All of the trim on the truck was getting a little weathered, and the front A-pillar trim pieces most of all (like on all H3s for some reason). I kept applying plastic trim restore and honestly, they don't last that long after a detail and takes time to apply. So I looked around and found this trim restore paint from Dupli-Color. Yes, it's a trim paint and not restorer.

Even in the picture you can see how weathered the bed trim is and I wanted to make the truck look as close to new as possible.

​So I began by removing ALL of the trim pieces from the truck. Bed rail trim, rear bumper, tailgate inner wall piece, tailgate outside bottom trim piece A-piller, fake hood vent, roof rack trim & rear cab trim. Only two items I didn't do was the front bumper (new from previous damage), and fender flares because they both looked decent already.

Rear end trim pieces almost all removed here.

Once I removed the trim pieces, I laid them out and washed them with some water and degreaser prior to paint and let them dry in the sun. Notice the difference of fading on each piece. Soon they will all be consistent!

I couldn't find all of my pictures of this process because they are spread out between my phone and GoPro (and I did this a long time ago lol) but I also masked off the whole vehicle except for the bed and trim-painted the plastic bed and even the auxiliary fuel tank after degreasing them. I know the paint is not meant for the tank but I didn't want to drain and unbolt it. Has held up well so far, and if it starts peeling or coming off then I'll remove it and properly paint it or powder coat it black.

Once the bed was done, I moved on to these. I got lucky and scored a set of the roof marker lights off of eBay. Wasn't the cheapest purchase for what they are (basically just plastic pieces) but I always wanted them to complete the look of the truck. Whoever had them didn't install them right on their A-pillar trims, so I decided to dremel out my own A-pillar pieces and swap over the corner lights to mine. Here's how one of them turned out compared to before.

Couldn't find the pics of the install. But if anybody does this on their own then you will need riv-nuts and a riv-nut gun along with some caulking to seal the new holes you will be drilling into your roof.

Finally, after all the trim pieces had cured with a few coats of paint on them, they were reinstalled and a trip to my local tint guy was in order. I elected to go with a light ceramic tint on the front windshield and rear windows/rear cab window, as well as ceramic tint to the front windows dark enough to match the rears (since the rears already had privacy glass from factory).

Here's how it came out after a wash and wax a few days later. Love it. The roof marker lights, tint and trim really freshened up the look of the truck in my opinion. Very happy how it turned out.

Shortly after this, I also installed the roof marker bolt caps (that mine didn't come with) that were 3D printed by German of Lased Designs to cover up those ugly holes you might notice. I also swapped out the bulbs for some LEDs that are much brighter, the bulbs looked really dim at night.

Last edited by Gpcalero; 10-25-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Pics were not visible.

- Modified, probably.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

amrg (10-26-2020)