Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Low Profile
    Thanks
    It's time.

Diode came in and repaired efans. Tested the AC system and found a leak, picked up some new seals and that did the trick. Charged the AC.

Started the body lift on the bed, and found Daystar's instructions rather disappointing. As I skimmed over the instructions, they mention to replace the 4 factory clear isolators and install the 4 bed body lift spacers. Except... the H3T has 6 bed/body mounts, not 4. They include enough lift spacers/pucks but short you two bolts and washers.

So just an FYI to T owners. You'll need to source your own bed bolts and washers. You'll need two of each. Their instructions call for M14x90 bolts, but they are actually M12x60 ​bolts. Not a huge deal but you would think that they would have their crap together on a kit that has been out for over 10 years. I tried to be nice and called Daystar and talked to tech support to point out the issue, they haven't revised the instructions since 2013. Plus, they don't know crap about these kits, the guy wanted to read the instructions over with me on the phone. "Well, the kit only calls for 4 bed bolts, so that's what it must be", even though I physically had the 6 bolts in my hand. They didn't care to revise the few typos, incorrect bed bolt sizes, and number of bolts I mentioned because they, "Don't sell enough of these". Kind of lame if you ask me.

Name:  sgLdPHo.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  156.4 KB

​Anyways, finished up the bed and installed the BORA 1.25" wheel spacers. Hub centric/wheel centric design from billet aluminum. Pretty nice pieces. And I like the fact that you could press out the stud and press in ARP studs if I wanted to.

Name:  MICMVPr.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  291.2 KB

Wrapped up the front end and started her up!

Can't tell you how happy I was to hear that glorious Texas Speed cam lol. All that work, effort, & hurdles we've gone though was worth it!

Next major item on the list is to get it tuned.
    @Gpcalero Instagram photos and videos

>The Duke H3T Alpha Build Thread<

'09 Hummer H3T Alpha - "The Duke"

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

SOLD -- '09 White H3 - "Lil' Sparta"
    - 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Made the first trip after the major overhaul!

Definitely needs to be tuned, the ECM still thinks it has the 5.3 in it lol, not the cleanest driving. The tranny shifted into 1-3 very nicely, even without having anything changed as of yet. Was only a 12 min trip to a buddies shop & went slow to not mess anything up.

Warm idle after trip. Was only a 12 min trip but the trans cooler is working big time, trans temp only got up to 140. We will see how she does after tuning, during normal driving.

Loading up the T. Is getting hauled to my tuner's shop 35 min away to get calibrated on the street for drivability and then on the dyno for WOT and power pulls next week.

Name:  AFImWp0.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  641.8 KB

Until then, I have my evenings back. Happy weekend guys

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,
    Texas Speed 224/236 Cam 111 LSA Camshaft, ECP 2" Aluminum Radiator, SuperModulation Dual eFans, HID Projector Headlights, 32 Gallon Aux. Gas Tank, "312" Method Race Wheels, Firestone Rear-Axle Airbags, Daystar 1" Body Lift.

- 35" Trail Grapplers, STARR HIDs, LED taillights, Magnaflow Exhaust, Air Doc CAI, Supermodulation TB, Defenderworx Fuel Door

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gpcalero For This Useful Post:

amrg (07-31-2021), cgalpha08 (07-31-2021)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    If you for some reason in the future get slightly high trans temps due to the higher stall, dont do anything about it if you are going to regear to 4.56
    I had this issue after I swapped to 37s, my trans wouldnt stay locked at 100 mph and being unlocked the engine rpms would hover around 4K with my 3200K stall converter. After 20 miles with 120* ambient the trans would reach 250* at which id park the truck and let it idle for 10 mins. Regearing to 4.56 eliminated the unlocking completly and the trans temps are back in range.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    06 H3, Birch White, Lux , Cooper AT3 35s, Borla Performance Cat-back, Bilsteins front w/ 1/2" extended stops, Hunner sleeve, Air Doc w/ K&N filter, Oem Roof lights, 55W HID Headlights and 35W Fog lights.

09 H3 V8, Arctic Silver, LS376/480 Conversion, 3000 stall, Custom E-fans, 37" KM3 tires, XD Rockstar Wheels 17x9, OEM Sliders, 40K External Trans Cooler, Bilstein 5160s front 5100 rear, O.D. Steering Bracket, 2" Body Lift, Custom Exhaust, Custom intake pipe & K&N filter, Custom PCM tune, Pioneer DVD unit, Aurora 40" LED Light Bar, 50 W HID Headlights

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amrg For This Useful Post:

Gpcalero (08-02-2021)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amrg View Post
    If you for some reason in the future get slightly high trans temps due to the higher stall, dont do anything about it if you are going to regear to 4.56
    I had this issue after I swapped to 37s, my trans wouldnt stay locked at 100 mph and being unlocked the engine rpms would hover around 4K with my 3200K stall converter. After 20 miles with 120* ambient the trans would reach 250* at which id park the truck and let it idle for 10 mins. Regearing to 4.56 eliminated the unlocking completly and the trans temps are back in range.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good to know! I am definitely going to re-gear to 4.56 at some point in the future. Probably not anytime soon, as this was a big job so I'm gonna cool off on any more changes for a while lol.

- LS3 Swap & Built 4L60E
    - Rancho 4" Lift Kit,