• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Torque App says I only have 83.9% Throttle

RamRod

Just wondering if you guys know of another way to check/adjust the throttle position.

I was using the Torque app and a Bluetooth OBDII sensor to check a CEL and noticed that the app was reading 83.9% throttle when the pedal was to the floor.

Does anyone know of another way that I can check the throttle position to see if it is just an error in the cheap setup I am running or not.

I believe it is possible that the throttle is not set to open 100% because the truck has been in to a number of tuners in it's life and its possible that one of the tuners accidentally left it or bumped the throttle setting

As you can see in the middle left gauge 83.9% is the max reading I could get with the pedal to the floor:

Screenshot_20200827-174420_Torque.jpg

rascole

Maybe it is limited because it is turned off? I have heard tuners fudging the throttle position to open quicker to give the feel of more power.

720H

I think butt dyno is a cheap way to check. Whats it feel like can you get up near redline. Prolly be losing close to 40 hp would feel that in a second if in 4H. Traction control cuts power when you dont want it to. If you feel your slow only thing to do is get hooked diagnostic for real and have someone look at whats happening

amrg

It wont open to 100% in the programming, that would be normal. I recall having the same issue and finding out that 8# ish would correspond to a fully open tb in actuality. If you want to double check, remove the intake tube, have someone depress the pedal all the way and check your tb plate for full opening. Im not sure since I read it along time ago, but i think what i read was if the pcm sees the tb at a higher percentage it will assume the tb is functioning abnormally (false sensor reading)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

amrg

You need a scan tool/advanced obd2 adapter or hptuners/efilive to use the TPS relearn option. I once had my throttle body cleaned and the thing was going crazy, revs to 3K rpm whenever I put it in neutral/park until I did the relearn

RamRod

You need a scan tool/advanced obd2 adapter or hptuners/efilive to use the TPS relearn option. I once had my throttle body cleaned and the thing was going crazy, revs to 3K rpm whenever I put it in neutral/park until I did the relearn

I was afraid of that, the shop that tuned my truck is 200 miles north of me and I haven't been back there for years! (they have the HP turner license setup on my using VIN)

Dyno Dan

Completely normal on electronic throttle control applications. Think of that value as degrees of throttle rotation. Also at idle with your foot off the throttle you’ll notice it is not at zero....most likely it’s 23.