• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Boochs H2 Build

Booch

So In all my years, I've never documented any of my builds so this time I figured I would give it a shot and see how it goes , That being said I started with a Base H2 which I picked up in 2019 after it had major electrical issues and a trashed headliner here is what he looked like the day I brought him home.

h2.JPG

Booch

Oct - Nov 2019

Once it was home, I tore the headliner out and starting checking the grounds for the electrical issues, after a few hours I found the culprit, the suspension air compressor wasn't being used but was still connected to the system the ground for the unit was rotted away, I removed the unit reconnected the harness and sealed off the end. I actually tested the compressor on the bench and it works fine. I may use that stop for AUX battery Later. I also found the headliner was fallen down due to the poor installation of an aftermarket sunroof. I found a sunroof distributor of the one installed in my area, he checked the sunroof for operation and leaks and re-did the whole headliner for less than 600.

Other maintenance during this time frame included:

New front left hub
New fuel pump and lock ring, seems it had been leaking for a bit
New Rancho adjustable shocks
New Steering stabilizer
Sealing off all the roof lights
Apple Radio with Backup camera

He then sat from Nov 2019 until Mar 2020 while I was sent to Afghanistan for work

Last edited:

Booch

While deployed I had time to look for items these included the purchase of
OEM Brush Guard and Taillight Guards
Roof Rack
Gobi Ladders
Amp Power Steps

I looked for a roof rack for a while but finally, settle on a non H2 specific roof rack based on recommendations from others the rack I installed was the Smittybilt 50705 Defender rack 5'x7', Bolted it up the factory cross bars and Im very happy with it

H2_dealer.JPG

Last edited:

Booch

Added Some LED lights to the rack for extra lighting when on the trail or campsite

View attachment 26621
H2 Side with rack lights.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG
light1.jpg
light2.jpg
Control Panel.JPG
View attachment 26619In order to keep the integrity of an already easy to leak vehicle I made a custom cable harness for all the lights which I easily secured and ran down the cargo door SILand up the frame to a relay panel included in the control panel kit

Last edited:

MilamJR

Added Some LED lights to the rack for extra lighting when on the trail or campsite

View attachment 26621

View attachment 26618

View attachment 26619

View attachment 26620
View attachment 26622

In order to keep the integrity of an already easy to leak vehicle I made a custom cable harness for all the lights which I easily secured and ran down the cargo door SILand up the frame to a relay panel included in the control panel kit

I couldn’t get any of these links to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booch

So I got side swiped doing 75mph in Knoxville back in early July however I turn a bad situation into a positive. GM dealer did the work 1500 in damage they needed to check axles and such with alignment so while they were in there I had them install the green keys for the torsion bars I had sitting on my workbench

IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG
h2 level.jpg

It came out good unfortunately I left for overseas the next morning i wanted to install the spacers for back springs to make it a little more leveled up

Iwillnc

So I got side swiped doing 75mph in Knoxville back in early July however I turn a bad situation into a positive. GM dealer did the work 1500 in damage they needed to check axles and such with alignment so while they were in there I had them install the green keys for the torsion bars I had sitting on my workbench

View attachment 26628
View attachment 26629
View attachment 26630

It came out good unfortunately I left for overseas the next morning i wanted to install the spacers for back springs to make it a little more leveled up

Actually I wrecked my truck back in March when traffic stopped and I had to veer left into the median and into the steel lane guard rail divider, both driver side tires ran against the guard rail for less than 50 feet (until I slammed into the back of the car that was 2 cars ahead of me originally)

No body damage from guard rail, just rim damage.

I also cranked my front end some before getting the alignment.

MilamJR

Actually I wrecked my truck back in March when traffic stopped and I had to veer left into the median and into the steel lane guard rail divider, both driver side tires ran against the guard rail for less than 50 feet (until I slammed into the back of the car that was 2 cars ahead of me originally)

No body damage from guard rail, just rim damage.

I also cranked my front end some before getting the alignment.

If anybody needs OEM rims I have 5 stacked in the garage I would make them a good deal on.

Iwillnc

Actually the dealer repaired two of my rims and found a brand new OEM rim from another dealer for my passenger side wheel that sideswiped car #1.

I have 1 rim that is literally new off the dealer stock, two that look really good, and one that actually looks the trucks age.

Also I never realized how many types of rims that all look the same were made for the H2. There are shallow dips and deep dip rims.

MilamJR

Actually the dealer repaired two of my rims and found a brand new OEM rim from another dealer for my passenger side wheel that sideswiped car #1.

I have 1 rim that is literally new off the dealer stock, two that look really good, and one that actually looks the trucks age.

Also I never realized how many types of rims that all look the same were made for the H2. There are shallow dips and deep dip rims.

Great.

Booch

BTW I also have a large selection of GPX / KLM files for different trails and such for all the states PM your email and I will add you to my GPS share folder on dropbox