• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer has officially landed on one embarrassing list two times

DFW Spartan

Unfortunately the author of the article, Allison Barfield, doesn't know what she's talking about when it comes to the H3. Her 3 points why the H3 is terrible offroad were

1. "it was still too heavy for the Chevy Colorado truck frame it sat on."

While the H3 was based on the Colorado frame, GM significantly modified and reinforced the chassis for heavy off-road use. Which Improved ground clearance, approach and departure angles.

2. "Because the Hummer H3 has awful blind spots, it’s difficult to see where you’re going on the trial."

No argument there

3. "The six-speed transmission failed to provide enough power to climb over rocks or maneuver over steep inclines."

Everything about that statement is wrong.

She doesn't touch on the Adventure/Offroad packages, and the off-road capabilities they add to the stock H3. Nor the 5.3L v8.

It's a shame that you don't need to know what you're talking about these days in order to write an article, and get published. Once upon a time, they used to fact check articles before they were published. SMH

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Because many writers today don't write to get readers; they write to get clicks. For example, 90% of what's on Jalopnik.

Iwillnc

Oh you just ignore this crap, they are literally desperate to justify their existence so they just say whatever they believe will give them clicks. Journalism is a dead art, and this is proof.

If you really want to ruffle some feathers start calling the new Bronco “just a Ford Ranger” since that’s the chassis it’s based off of. It doesn’t make sense there either, but when the journalist are void of critical thinking skills what does it matter?

And honestly I would remove the link or archive it so that the author doesn’t get any clicks from your mention.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Damn! I learned a lot from that. I didn’t know my H2 was on a stock truck frame and had 1/2 ton tie rods. And it rides rough on the road with the first bump. Smh
Most important thing I learned, there are many many idiots in the world[emoji15]

Acer4LO

Lol trusting anything a journalist says. You know they have no idea what they are talking about because they are calling it "off-roading" instead of wheeling.