• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tow hitch

glpd74

808a40f91cfecfd1922425385703760c.jpg

So this happened on my way home. Anybody have any idea on the rear hitch. I’ve been trying to find a new one online but can’t find one that fits for a h2. Is there one that will fit from a different gym vehicle.
1c5e335a2900f53087ab99410db9bc07.jpg

Not sure I trust trying to repair as the cancer is really getting to the tow hitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Ouch! Is that a bolt on or welded on piece? Maybe a junkyard find would work, though up in WI maybe they are all on their way to rust heaven.

glpd74

Yeah that could been wicked bad if it would of torn all the way and snapped off on the interstate. I got to get under and look closer to see if it is welded to but I know there are bolts through the frame. Checked eBay also for the rear hitch but can only find pulled front hitch’s from h2’s but no rears and searching on line I can’t find anything for the rear. It’s like they don’t exist or my search fu skills suck.

Iwillnc

One of the few issues my truck doesn’t have is bad rust, some surface but nothing bad.

Your going to have to go on LKQ website and find who has an H2 in this country and call that location for them to pull the rear hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glpd74

One of the few issues my truck doesn’t have is bad rust, some surface but nothing bad.

Your going to have to go on LKQ website and find who has an H2 in this country and call that location for them to pull the rear hitch.

Thank you for the site, I’ll take a look and see what I can find. Never thought it would be so hard to find this part

Iwillnc

Honestly that rear cross member is huge, that’s crazy you were able to kill one.

I know a couple months back a lot in Arizona had an H2 but LKQ has high turnover so you’ll have to look around.

glpd74

So I called local lkq and they state they don’t have the part or any h2. Another salvage yard is searching for me. Called local gm dealer and they state there is no stock and they are discontinued. Couldn’t give me a definitive answer if any other gm models would work. Called local trailer fabricator and waiting to hear back to see if they would be able to do it. I can’t imagine what is going to be like in another 5 years for parts

Iwillnc

Oh no, you will need to go to lkqs website and search across the country for an H2, May try searching for a more common part like door just to get an idea where the truck is located.

I live in N.C., when I searched a couple months back there was one H2 in an LKQ salvage yard in the entire country. I don’t think your going to have luck locally in my opinion.

Last edited:

Iwillnc

So I called local lkq and they state they don’t have the part or any h2. Another salvage yard is searching for me. Called local gm dealer and they state there is no stock and they are discontinued. Couldn’t give me a definitive answer if any other gm models would work. Called local trailer fabricator and waiting to hear back to see if they would be able to do it. I can’t imagine what is going to be like in another 5 years for parts

This isn’t a typical hitch your not just going to find another with ease, I don’t think this part is common enough to be a stocked replacement part. I assure you I have replaced enough **** that I can tell GM knows which parts fail often enough to keep in production.

See my above post for my suggestion on finding OEM replacement.

In addition to that usually on eBay if you find parts from a truck being parted out they provide a phone number you can call about specific parts you do not see listed. I don’t think you will have too hard of a time finding the part of you use the right channels. Shipping is going to be a bitch on the other hand.

glpd74

Yeah the lkq place I called said they checked their national data base and they don’t have the part or any h2 vehicle to pull it off. I tried a bunch of other salvage yards in wi but no luck on any h2. The one place stated they would search on line to try and source a h2 somewhere to pull it. My guess I might be stuck just getting it custom rebuilt locally.

Iwillnc

I would try searching eBay for irrelevant specific H2 parts and calling/contacting the sellers.
They would be more than happy to sell a part over crushing it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Humm...Hummer&hash=item2643be8f85:g:xUcAAOSw095fPY~-

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...1&pm=1&ds=0&t=1597956501000&ver=0&cspheader=1

And

https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-Humm...ispr=1&hash=item5b6b04be56:g:TVwAAOSwIbVeHNwE

For example.

That junkyard seems to have a lot of H2s in Ohio, I would definitely be calling them directly. If they don’t work I’m sure you can search other eBay ads for H2s in other locations.