• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3X owner and converting to moderate trail use

cfernandez

New Hummer H3X owner here in SoCal. Can't wait to use this H3X on the trail after I upgrade some parts. I have brought it with me to work to break it in slowly as it was never used on dirt by the previous owner except"once" by accident! It was for my brother's wife and she liked it because she could see over everyone else when driving.

Been reading the forums, but not enough it seems. I just got the Hummer about 3 weeks ago and we were going to use it to drive up to Portland, OR to see some family and pick up a pop-up trailer, but as we left Los Angeles up the Grapevine, the temp gauge went past the middle and got worried as I only owned the H3X for a few days and that needle never moved like that. Turned around and used our minivan to go to Portland, Found out when I got home from Facebook and this forum that the position of the temp needle past middle is normal. Oh well, live and learn!

Anyways, I know people like pics, so here are a few:

20200813_075412_HDR.jpg

20200813_075504_HDR.jpg

And the truck I usually work from, but today we are doing some easy work that is relatively easy to get to.

20200813_073511.jpg

Cheers!

cfernandez

We live in Monrovia, just north of Bellflower. We used to live in Bellflower until 2 years ago, but my wife got a better job and we had to move. Miss eating at Taco Nazo (we ate here ALL the time since we lived 2 blocks away), Fronk's, "The Nest" for breakfast, Steelcraft, Hambone's and Uncle Bud's Kitchen!

We should meet up!

rascole

We live in Monrovia, just north of Bellflower. We used to live in Bellflower until 2 years ago, but my wife got a better job and we had to move. Miss eating at Taco Nazo (we ate here ALL the time since we lived 2 blocks away), Fronk's, "The Nest" for breakfast, Steelcraft, Hambone's and Uncle Bud's Kitchen!

We should meet up!
Wow, you were my neighbor, I'm 2 blocks from Taco Nazo too. Uncle Buds is my Friday morning place. We definitely need to meet up. I'm just finishing up a major work project and 1 small project on the H3 and will be hitting a trail in a couple of weeks.