• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Control arm

Somethingbigandorange

I’m sorry, I should clarify. I am aware that the bushings and ball joint are replaceable. I was wondering if replacements were decent, reliable, and affordable. And where to find them. The Amazon parts list here only has the ball joints, not bushings.

EndeavoredH3

I bought mine from rock auto, just went with the standard ac delco replacement for the lower control arm bushings.

Had good intentions on replacing them this past spring, but here they are sitting in my living room

08H3

I installed the Siberian poly bushings. Highly recommend them. Really did not expect a noticable difference but there was. I used Rare Parts lower ball joints for the sole reason that they were touted as US made. They were not. I was disappointed, but the quality does seem fine.

JPaul

I put Siberian Bushings in mine as well. No complaints so far, they've been in for a couple years now I think. Been fine through the winter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

amrg

Siberian bushings look good but when the ball joint goes the whole control arm needs replacing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Siberian bushings look good but when the ball joint goes the whole control arm needs replacing

Why? The ball joint can be replaced on the lower control arms. I've rebuilt each LCA with AC Delco bushings and ball joints as well as done them on other's H3s

amrg

My bad! I thought the uppers! Yes the lowers can be replaced incl the ball joint (and i have), the upper ones have siberian bushings too but sadly no replaceable ball joints!

Reloader

I install the genuine GM lower ball joints and drill and tap them for grease zerks.
with new upper a arm's I also drill and tap them for zerks. A couple shots of grease at each 4K oil change. I’m still on the second set of oe upper a arms on my 08 alpha that were replaced before warranty ran out and now have over 160K on them and still tight. SAS coming this fall though.