• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

WTS 2008 H3 Alpha Offroad LOADED $18.5K LOW 95K mi

SoCalH3

I recently bought a clean 2010 H3 Alpha Offroad with 49K miles local vehicle. I have keeping an eye out for low miles later year that I can keep it closer to stock for better towing capabilities and low miles so I could reset the clock and still have a capable offroad rig. Right now my wife tows our trailer and I drive my H3 separately.

As a result, I am selling my 08 H3. This Rig is a blast to drive and I had no intention of selling, so I have put a lot of money into switching out fluids, replacing radiator, etc. It had started overheating recently just when sitting and idling with AC on. As soon as it had any airflow at all it cooled back down. It is currently at the local dealer getting a new fan clutch and new water pump. I previously had the radiator replaced with heavy duty aluminum CSF Radiator and thermostat. They diagnosed a faulty fan clutch and trying to replace that the bolts were messed up to the water pump so they are replacing that as well.

I am planning on selling it with pretty much everything on the signature below with the exception of the UCP and not the ready welder. The UCP has done an excellent job of protecting everything, since KMW doesn't make these any more I want to keep mine to put on the new H3.

35" Toyo Open Counry MT's, T-Bar Crank, Odyssey Extreme Battery, CBP Winch Mount, Smittybilt XRC 9.5K Winch, Hi-Lift Jack, Schwarttzy Hi Clearance Leaf Mounts / 2" Extended Shackles / Rock Sliders, Defender Roof Rack, CSF Racing Radiator, Fox 2.0 Shocks, Superchips Tuner

I changed out all of the fluids within the last year since I was planning on keeping long term: F&R diff, Transmission, Oil (always synthetic), Transfer Case, Flushed Radiator, Brake Fluid, PS Fluid, AC Recharged.

It is the 5.3 Alpha with Offroad Package: Rear Locker, 4:1 Transfer Case, offroad supension (just replaced with Fox 2.0 shocks). It also has Black Leather, Navigation (CD doesn't work), backup camera, Moonroof, OEM Brush Guard, and the extremely RARE roof markers. Unfortunately the top roof markers blew off in the wind but could re-adhered to the roof. They normally fasten to exterior threaded fasteners. Hard to explain, but you can't really even tell they are missing since there aren't holes and it is all painted. I figure I'll leave it to whoever buys it to install or leave of as they prefer. There is no damage to the roof markers themselves on the visible outside. These are seen for as much as $2500 new on Ebay. Not sure what they actually sell for, but it seems like $1K + even for used.

There just aren't any H3 Alpha Offroad Package even available for sale, much less with low miles and garaged. There are currently 20 Alpha's Nationwide on Autotrader. Most have around 150K to as high as 200K miles. Typically there are only about 10-20% that have the Offroad Package as well. Even fewer are CA cars with zero rust. I'll post some basic photos shortly and update once I clean it up. I'll be posting it on Auto Trader once I get new pics.

It's obviously a niche, especially with the mods. I'm more than willing to remove some mods and adjust the price accordingly. But seems that despite the economy, there is a strong market for offroad capable vehicles. If I was looking for this same vehicle, I know I'd love to have been able to snatch it up with everything on it if that's what I was looking for again! I'll probably list it for week and then if it hasn't sold drop the price bit by bit until it sells. I'd appreciate anyone's feedback on the price!

I bought it 6 years ago with 75K on the ODO, the dash cluster was replaced at 78K at a local dealer and they also put the sticker on the door stating the date and mileage. I have put approx 3k/yr on it and the new ODO is at 17.7K. It is always garaged. I will be cleaning it up once I get it back. Leather interior has no damage and is in very good condition. It has some minor desert pin striping from brush. The last time I buffed it out the vast majority came out. It cleans up very well since it has been garaged despite being used offroad. It does have about a 2" dent on the top of the back door from a branch. Door is straight, easy fix.

My goal on mods was to get as much ground clearance as possible, and protect the underside with UCP and Rock Sliders and other mods and be able to fit in the garage with a roof rack and still be able to fit in the garage. The tires are 35" Toyo Open County MT's and still have 50% tread. The Odyssey Extreme Battery has dual posts and is approx 1 year old. That battery is almost $400.

Thanks! Brian

Last edited:

SoCalH3

This was this past weekend and just took the chance to snap a photo. More to follow

IMG_0892.JPG

SoCalH3

Thanks alrock! It has been a ton of fun.

720H: Still available! I've been busy at work so I'm hoping to clean it up and list it this weekend. Planning on listing on AutoTrader this weekend hopefully. PM me or reply to this post if you are interested.

Last edited:

SoCalH3

Here's an updated picture with the roof markers in place. I passed on a cash offer for $17.5K but have somebody that was planning on seeing it tonight willing to pay $18K but ended up having to work. He's planning on seeing it on Sunday. He was pretty excited about it, so hopefully that goes through.

I have one other inquiry from CarGurus tonight, waiting to hear back. But definitely happy with the response so far with only being posted on those sites 48hrs!

H3 Front with Markers.jpg

650Hawk

You wouldn't be interested in selling a few parts off of it, like the rock sliders or the roof rack, maybe the Superchips Tuner, would you?

Was this pic taken at the soccer fields on Beaumont Ave? I grew up in Beaumont (Cherry Valley actually), and currently live in Banning.

BTW, congrats on the super find: 2010 Alpha Offroad w/ low miles. That's kinda the "holy grail"!

SoCalH3

Sure is! Thanks I was happy that I was able to find one. Unfortunately I have decided I am going to keep the Superchips Tuner, but I bought that one off Ebay. I think I paid $100 for it. The seller had a bunch of them, I believe they were remanufactured.

Unfortunately for the Rock Sliders and Roof Rack, unless I find a buyer looking to pay less and remove them, I think they add much more value to the sale price on the H3 than I could get from sellling them. I'll let you know if that happens!

I pulled off the KMW UCP & OD Heavy Duty driveshaft last weekend since neither of those are made anymore. I broke two OEM driveshafts and was finally able to find a new OD one on this forum.

650Hawk

Sure is! Thanks I was happy that I was able to find one. Unfortunately I have decided I am going to keep the Superchips Tuner, but I bought that one off Ebay. I think I paid $100 for it. The seller had a bunch of them, I believe they were remanufactured.

Unfortunately for the Rock Sliders and Roof Rack, unless I find a buyer looking to pay less and remove them, I think they add much more value to the sale price on the H3 than I could get from sellling them. I'll let you know if that happens!

I pulled off the KMW UCP & OD Heavy Duty driveshaft last weekend since neither of those are made anymore. I broke two OEM driveshafts and was finally able to find a new OD one on this forum.
Fully understand about the sliders/roof rack; it was worth a try!:) Did the chip make much of a difference? If so, I might have to search a bit for one, although I've been pretty happy with how the 5.3 runs; plenty of power and a consistent 15mpg regardless of whether I'm running highway/city/offroad.

SoCalH3

Yes it was noticeable for me. Especially for $100. I also like flexibilty of changing tire size, gear, etc. Smog legal. I still get the same MPG as before, it didn't change anything on that.