• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Look at this SOB

Iwillnc

Finally sit down to remove this faulting EBCM, it’s a bch at the best of times, of course my luck brings the worst of the times.

Removing the 6 small torx bit machine bolts is a pain, almost all of them are hard to get to and on top of that there is a crossmember so close to the box that a regular sized driver will not fit. Whatever worked on it got 5/6 out. Of course one of them had to break.

-Unfortunately it’s the hardest Bolt to get to that decided to break, there is no way to see it in any position it is 100% feel or shoot with the camera.

- Fortunately (or so I thought) there was enough Bolt left to grab with vise grips

- Unfortunately you can’t turn the vise grips because of the machine casting being immediately beside the Bolt.

Tried and tried as I may I now have an inverse flat head for a Bolt and I am dreading the thought of removing all the brake lines going to this box.

In the diagram below 1 is the EBCM that has to be sent off, 2 is the box it bolts to that now has half a screw stuck on it.

These are the chintzy-est screws on this entire truck, I mean the cheap ass interior has better screws a-fixing the doors to the frame.

I’m going to keep working on this till something happens good or bad but I could really use an inverse flathead screwdriver right now...

IMG_3900.jpgIMG_3903.jpgIMG_3904.jpg

Iwillnc

If I can offer a suggestion to everyone in the future... just pay someone to do this, even if they quote $1,500 just say yes please.

I’m in the middle of removing the brake pressure modulator valve. Which means I’m going to have to buy a scan tool to bleed the abs system.

I accidentally dented one of the probes seen above and I’m contemplating if I should replace the whole $600 valve block.... FML

Iwillnc

Got the valve body out and I’m taking it to my machine shop in the morning. I hope I didn’t screw it ip, that’s $600 I don’t want to spend.

I DREAD bleeding this brake system.