• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

From Doha Qatar H3T

masami333

Hi Guys, I’m new here. I’m from Doha Qatar.
I’m planning to buy 2009 H3t . The one I’m looking at is having few issue:
1. AC is not cooling, as per previous owner he is no using for few months.
2. Antenna is missing from front right side.
3. Parking release pull leaver is broken
4. Ignition switch have some problem,
5. Steering is having sound and bit tight.

What do you guys suggest?

Appreciate you suggestions
Thanks

masami333

Suggestions H3T 2009

Hi Guys, I’m new here. I’m from Doha Qatar.
I’m planning to buy 2009 H3t . The one I’m looking at is having few issue:

What do you guys suggest?

Appreciate you suggestions
Thanks

amrg

Is it the red one? It looks good but you need to inspect it as many of the parts here are expensive. I personally buy most parts from the states as they still cost roughly 60% of what the local dealer wants.
The ac is very important as you know, i recently overhauled my entire system minus the evaporator core, cost me $400 parts shipped from the states and another $300 labor (ac conpressor/condensor/expansion valves + lines flushing and filling)
Check the bushings, 99% they will be cracked and need replacing, same for tie rods and cv half shafts boots (unless the seller was good with maintenance). Engine mounts, diff mounts, brakes. The radiator usually goes bad by now and will.need replacing (the plastic tank cracks)
The ignition switch could be the passlock issue (not able to start the car for 10 mins), its a sensor that needs to be replaced and its a common issue. Otherwise, I have a 2006 H3 with the same engine and its pushong 205000 kms, just 2 weeks ago I replaced the water pump (first engine part to replace).

Last edited:

MilamJR

Welcome. The H3 guys should be able to provide some answers to your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masami333

Thank you very much amrg , appreciate your suggestion.. these are very helpful . I am more worried about the ignition as it make strange cracking sound at first attempt but starts in second try .

Its orange , Which online store do you recommend for ordering parts ?

It will be great if we can meetup.

Once again Thank you very much for very valuable suggestion based on your experience.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, considering you're in Qatar, there may not be many options for H3Ts. Here are some thoughts on what you found:

Could be many issues, but it would start with checking refrigerant levels. If low, flush, add dye and refrigerant and see how it acts. It could be a slow leak that takes months to make the cooling fail or if it's a fast leak the dye will tell you.
Inexpensive repair
Inexpensive repair if just the lever, USD $6. If it is the cable too it will be more money but not expensive or difficult
The Passlock security is a common issue with GM vehicles. What's the issue? Does it not start sometimes, with a security light flashing, but will start after 10 minutes? Easy fix with a new ignition switch.
Sounds like a power steering pump has failed. Not a bad fix if you can get a new power steering pump. Try checking fluid level first.

masami333

You are absolutely right, very limited options.
The Passlock security is a common issue with GM vehicles. What's the issue? Does it not start sometimes, with a security light flashing, but will start after 10 minutes? Easy fix with a new ignition switch.
No, its doesn't show security light, just make cracking sound and doesn't start in first attempt however have to wait 10 to 15 seconds and start in second attempt.

Thanks a lot alrock ...
Will try to post some pics soon.

amrg

No engine lights? That sounds like the crank sensor being bad (most common symptom engine doesnt start on first try), you may also get a missfire, engine might feel sluggish and trans shifting harsh.
But again, I cant diagnose it sitting here in my office. Best to take it to a good mechanic to diagnose before you buy it (or use that as a base to bring down the price). I personally would love to swap my 06 H3 with an H3T vut given the finances im holding up, given the mileage on this one its great! Just make sure it doesnt have any rust

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk