• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Thoughts on the new Bronco?

USMC_315

Didn't see any existing threads regarding the new Ford Bronco and I'm curious what y'alls thoughts on it are. From the release video I included below, it looks like it'll be a huge success. The body design, interior design, removable roof and doors, and options/trim available just screams perfection to me.

What are your thoughts? Things that attract you about it? Or are there things that they could've done differently?

[video=youtube;CacIlFaXph0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CacIlFaXph0[/video]

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't get the volume to work but I kind of like it. Wonder how beefy the IFS is on it? I like the removable doors/top.

deserth3

Dana axles, F150 IFS, 35in tires out of the box. Looks like Ford just put everyone else (including GM) in the slow lane...

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I think we may finally start to see the evolution of IFS. This may push axle companies to make bolt in D60 IFS diffs like how they do bolt in D60s for jeeps.

They did a much better job then GM did with the blazer. What happened to the blazer was straight up un American and a shame

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Nice interior.
81363398d3022cdd429c4612a2b0a653.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Ford has announced:
*Every New Ford Bronco Will Come With
a Free Off-Road Driving School*

...every Bronco and Bronco Sport Badlands will include admission to Ford's "Bronco Off-Roadeo" experience.

The program will take place at one of Ford's four off-road experience centers, which will all feature obstacle courses designed to teach off-roading fundamentals. They'll also be close to longer trailheads, giving Bronco owners the opportunity to take their trucks out on real trails with the help of experienced off-road guides. The four locations haven't been finalized, but expect them to be geographically spread for maximum convenience.

It'll be a two-day experience, with the first dedicated to fundamentals of off-roading. This'll include not only driving techniques, but also core tenets of exploration like "leave no trace" and "tread lightly." Ford knows that many Bronco owners won't have off-road experience, so they want to bring them up to speed in a closed environment with loaner vehicles so that they'll feel comfortable taking their own trucks to the trails. Community building is also a key part of this—necessary to take on Jeep's massive enthusiast support network—which is why day one also features a bonfire and lots of time for socialization.

On day two, you'll be able to pick between a more intense second day of off-roading or a "outdoor experience" day. Experience options will change based on the locations of the four experience centers, but think hiking, kayaking, or rafting.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...8/2021-ford-bronco-off-roadeo-driving-school/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Neo

Badfish
Sounds like they're taking over where hummer ended

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

same as Hummer and Range Rover were doing 25 years ago. Bold program considering the current climate and state of the economy. great to market it as a zombie escape vehicle with the end of the world and all the hype that comes with it...

Iwillnc

As I mentioned in the other thread they really went wrong on the engine choices, I’ve personally had experience with the 2.7 and I hate it, unreliable and unimpressive, I’ve heard the 2.3 is slow and car like in the Ranger.

Disappointing that Ford did so much right then completely phoned in the engine choices. Should have a V8 available.

If it weren’t for the engine it would truly be near perfect. Of course now Jeep may be doing the 392 in the Wrangler which would actually put it in my scope of interest for once.

Jeepwalker

Overall it looks great. I'm impressed with what I'm seeing on the Bronco. Looks like they really listened to the off-road crowd. I suspect a larger engine will follow in a couple yrs (just like H3 did with the Alpha). Would be nice if they had a factory authorized solid axle kit mod. Can't wait to see the off-road versions when they drop at the dealers. It could possibly make me get back into a (gulp) ford.

MilamJR

Overall it looks great. I'm impressed with what I'm seeing on the Bronco. Looks like they really listened to the off-road crowd. I suspect a larger engine will follow in a couple yrs (just like H3 did with the Alpha). Would be nice if they had a factory authorized solid axle kit mod. Can't wait to see the off-road versions when they drop at the dealers. It could possibly make me get back into a (gulp) ford.

I saw a video on YouTube that was discussing the engine options and it said that a V8 would be great in the vehicle but unfortunately it will not fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 2.7 in a light vehicle might not be too bad. We use it in some of our work trucks for the economy. Don't tow heavy loads with them but they will ove an F-150 around twon full of tools pretty economically. Anyone see a price range on them?

Iwillnc

I saw a video on YouTube that was discussing the engine options and it said that a V8 would be great in the vehicle but unfortunately it will not fit.

I don’t believe that for a moment, it’s an excuse they use to get out of it. We’ve heard them for years.

-The H2 can’t get the duramax because it won’t fit - aftermarket does it all the time

-H3 won’t get a V8, factory finally did it

-V8 won’t fit Jeep Wrangler, multiple aftermarket companies do it and now even FCA is saying it’s about to put the 392 into the Wrangler after claiming for years it wouldn’t pass safety with one.

I bet it will be less than 3 years before the Bronco has at least one aftermarket company swapping in 5.0s, and the smaller 7.3L engines

If a DOHC V6 with turbos, intercooler etc fit, there’s no excuse for not being able to fit a V8.

Jeepwalker

We'll have to see how the 2.7 is, it would probably be enough for me depending on the gearing, etc. But a larger V6 wouldn't hurt either. It seems like it might be small and light enough a V8 might not be needed. But I wouldn't be surprised if one came down the road.

Last edited:

MilamJR

I don’t believe that for a moment, it’s an excuse they use to get out of it. We’ve heard them for years.

-The H2 can’t get the duramax because it won’t fit - aftermarket does it all the time

-H3 won’t get a V8, factory finally did it

-V8 won’t fit Jeep Wrangler, multiple aftermarket companies do it and now even FCA is saying it’s about to put the 392 into the Wrangler after claiming for years it wouldn’t pass safety with one.

I bet it will be less than 3 years before the Bronco has at least one aftermarket company swapping in 5.0s, and the smaller 7.3L engines

If a DOHC V6 with turbos, intercooler etc fit, there’s no excuse for not being able to fit a V8.

I hear what you are saying. Especially since Ford transitioned the Raptor from a V8 to V6.

SlcHummer

I've got an f150 with the 3.5l ecoboost and I love it! Can't vouch for the 2.7l engines but can only imagine with less weight that they'd move this rig with no issues. Those who like the sound of a v8 obviously wouldn't be satisfied, but from a performance perspective, no complaints here with the 3.5l.

1claire

I have been seeing a lot of articles about it, it looks promising. My Dad keeps on talking about it since he still has 1984 Ford Bronco Sport Utility 2D that still does its purpose.

MilamJR

I like it a lot. Also, about time Jeep got some real competition.

Amazing how Jeep figured out how to put a V8 in one after all of these years once the Bronco got released. Hopefully iron will sharpen iron and the 4x4 community will be better off for it.