• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Who's putting a deposit down on a new Bronco?

Iwillnc

I’ve been watching this for a couple days, and now that it’s out it’s pretty cool.

I think a 2 door 7 speed may be in my future.

Only issue is the engine options SUCK like how hard is it to get that right when they have 5 different V8 families in their stable. They royally screwed that up which means if I get one it’s not replacing anything I currently own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Fiance is reconsidering getting a jeep wrangler for one of these. Imo the new bronco looks amazing.

It's also nice what they did with the sport, something with mild offroad capabilities for the soccer moms and commuter types with a more hardcore flagship model with the offroad goodies. Hummer should have done this years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Korby7

We won’t be putting money down on one but can see one in our future. I would look at getting the one Bigunit mentioned. My wife has wanted one since the original retro concept debut. Lots of cool off-road features.

JPaul

I'll probably have to wait the ten years or so when these are available used for a decent price, but it definitely has my eye now over a Wrangler for a toy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

If I can flat tow it behind my Motorhome the 4 door might be the eventual replacement for my H2.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
First impressions: They got it right.

I think Ford was smart, watched, listened and learned.....End result is something that "should" knock Jeep's dick in the dirt.

They have all the bases covered, from entry level bare-bones models ready to customize, up to the snooty (without being obnoxious) models.

From what I see, that is one of the only vehicles that I would give up my H3 for.

Question though, if you put your $100 down to reserve one, does that get you sticker price or sticker plus dealer-markup?

I know when I went to look at FJ's when they first came out, the three dealers I went to had a min 5K mark-up over sticker.

When I bitched about it, they basically said they were justified because of good old supply and demand.

Lord only know what the dealer mark-ups will be for the first year.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Interior pic of my new Bronco.[emoji847]
2b2bd3ff55d1997fa0de7ceaf470f8d9.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I really like the new Bronco. Yeah, it's way more modern looking than other vehicles but it's also much newer than the others. I don't think I'll be looking for a new ride in a year so I don't see it happening but it would be a strong option for me if I was.

SlcHummer

No deposit for me, however I am keeping the 4 door on my radar and have not yet decided if I would sell my h3, f-150, or miata if it holds up to the hype...most likely the miata lol but either way I think they nailed it and am really interested in one of these.

Jeepwalker

Only issue is the engine options SUCK like how hard is it to get that right when they have 5 different V8 families in their stable. They royally screwed that up which means if I get one it’s not replacing anything I currently own.

Get one when they come out and enjoy it. Then after a time, when you're ready to upgrade to an improved model, I suspect a V8 or larger V6 will be in the future. Just like the H3 started out with a 5cyl (and eventually a V8 2yrs later), I suspect Ford to do something along the same lines ...to spice up things and create a new 'buzz' when the initial sales and 'newness' begin to decline. Look at all the special pkgs and engines they've come out with for the modern (retro) Mustang? Why play all yer cards right away, esp if it sells well with the V6.

The current V6 seems to actually have pretty good power specs; enough for the typical grocery-getting, soccer-kid-drop-off duty most Bronco's will initially see by initial buyers.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

I'll probably have to wait the ten years or so when these are available used for a decent price, but it definitely has my eye now over a Wrangler for a toy.

Ha ha ....me too!! That's how I roll, money-wise. Sticking with the H3 for now. There are a ton of XJ owners with aging rigs who feel Jeep abandoned them, who are also eyeballing the Bronco with eyes-wide-open. I think Bronco/Wrangler comparisons are interesting, BUT ......IMO Bronco/FJ-H3 comparisons are more applicable. The 4dr Bronco measures up well with the H3 except Ford has added a lot more options/tricks and fun stuff. Eventually there'll be a SAS from either Ford or the aftermarket. We'll see about that.

I believe they're going to sell a ton!

Last edited:

MilamJR

I’ve been watching this for a couple days, and now that it’s out it’s pretty cool.

I think a 2 door 7 speed may be in my future.

Just saw a video from TFL that said Paxpower is going to be offering a 5.0 crate engine conversion for $30k or for an additional $15k you get a supercharged 750hp version. This would push the total tab on a fully loaded Bronco north of $100k.

Iwillnc

Just saw a video from TFL that said Paxpower is going to be offering a 5.0 crate engine conversion for $30k or for an additional $15k you get a supercharged 750hp version. This would push the total tab on a fully loaded Bronco north of $100k.

Yea I saw that. Though honestly there’s nothing really appealing to me in the top most trims. It’s all computer systems and frizz.

The base comes with A/C, CarPlay, carpet, 8” touch screen, tons of features. Frankly I don’t see any point of adding any options other than maybe Sasquatch. The 7 speed already comes with 4.46 gearing on base trims.

The biggest deals is the front diff on base is a weak aluminum unit and there is question that the base transfer case may be weaker than the upgrade. If you get the Sasquatch package on base both of these are upgraded.

I’m going to be frank there’s a huge mental damn to spending over $30k for a 4 cylinder anything. I mean that’s really pushing it.

I’m not spending any of my money on that blasted 6 cyl.

That leaves a V8 swap, maybe I’ll just rub their noses in it and do an LS swap.

Or a base $30k truck and the $30k Coyote swap.

I’m not sure on the Bronco, it has the looks but the powertrain options are absolute ass.

On top of that the 7 speed is made by Getrag which has become known in recent years for making the MT82 Chinese POS in the Mustang GT. If the new 7 speed is made in China I’m out on that. The 10 speed has a class action lawsuit against Ford due to the issues many many consumers are dealing with.

Iwillnc

Along with Fords handling on the focus/fiesta transmission debacle, I’m starting to believe it could be advantageous for me to take a back seat on the Bronco for a while. Maybe in a year Ford will have a V8 option that I would be willing to fork money over for.

For all the H2s problems, I can fix 98% of them myself.
I can’t fix a design issue with the transmission. The 2.3T is known for coking up and needing to be disassembled and cleaned, it’s 2020 how many people are used to this type of engine servicing? I thought we left that behind with adjustable valve lash and carburetor adjustments.

MilamJR

The further you get off the grid the more reliable you should want your vehicle to be. Also usually there is a trade off of reliability to squeeze more power out of a motor plus puts more stress on the drivetrain.

Iwillnc

The further you get off the grid the more reliable you should want your vehicle to be. Also usually there is a trade off of reliability to squeeze more power out of a motor plus puts more stress on the drivetrain.

Exactly, and when I’m far off the grid I think a 4Runner would be tops of my list.

Jeepwalker

I wonder what the new electric Hummer will look like? Has anyone heard any new news about it?

I don't want to start a gas/electric battle, but if you think about it, assuming the battery is charged when ya get on the trail, it's not consuming hardly any juice when not in motion and going slow doesn't consume much battery. If it were a 4-motor rig, there could be big clearances. No engine/trans or xfer case to flake out. 100% of the torque could go to each wheel on demand, and also could use electric braking. As for the battery and electrics, guys out there are learning how to trouble-shoot them (just like ECMs and EFI was once Vudoo). Even though I don't have any experience (myself) with electric cars, i can see a lot of possible advantages for an electric vehicle off road, possibly even more than on-road driving. Esp if there's a 300+ driving range. They probably wouldn't work for a crap for distance overlanding in the Arabian Empty Quarter, but I'm talking about occasional mild trail use not far from home ...kind of use. I'm kind of excited to see how the new Hummer turns out.

On my last multi-state trip this summer (this July) I was really surprised how many more charging stations there were.

Last edited:

Woodtick

What’s up boys and girls. I like the new bronco so far. It looks like a home run for Ford. I will have to drive one and let several thousand people buy one before me before I buy one.