• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hi all

hawkwind171263

Probationary Member
I've got a 07 H3 was in great shape0 when I bought it 3yrs ago . But it doesn't stay that way for long as the photos will fill you in. What's wrong with it , we'll the transmission stuck in 1st been that way for 2mths or longer, I'll fix it one day. It works fine for wheeling around the in the mountains around Virginia city ,NV. Oh and just to let you know I'm English.Not that makes any difference, only if you actually meet me then it's going to be a problem, as I've got a really strong South London accent and after 22yrs here go figure.
fb776f48ef0da5276f2560514b155230.jpg
e8f256598e91e7c89a2770624bee31ff.jpg
aa20c7c82195d5cf58b1d66b6ad3713b.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

rascole

Welcome. A cheap fix/troubleshoot for the tranny is to replace the 2 solenoids and pressure switch inside the pan. Very easy to do and is a common failure of the 4L60E. I have done at least 5 over the years in family and friends trucks. Not a sure thing but for $50 you can't go wrong.

[h=1]ACDelco 24215111 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission Manual Valve Position Pressure Switch[/h][h=1]ACDelco 24230298 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission 1-2 and 3-4 Shift Solenoid Valve[/h]

Welcome! Newbie here too. 2003 H2. Transmissions on most Hummers were just not built for durability. We are on our third.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

Welcome! Newbie here too. 2003 H2. Transmissions on most Hummers were just not built for durability. We are on our third.

On my 3rd one too in my H2. First one lasted around 100K. Next one went with a very low price and it didn’t last very long so I went to a very reputable shop for the current one which has held up well. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bebe

Wow, sad to see that, GM transmissions are known to be some of the best and most durable in the industry - at least it's not a jeep LOL

Wow, sad to see that, GM transmissions are known to be some of the best and most durable in the industry - at least it's not a jeep LOL
Lol. The GM trans that went into most years of the Hummers HAD to be the ones Research and Development deemed not fit to install in any other vehicle.