• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rancho kit price today?

SolidusJ

I may have found a used kit, the owner might be willing to sell. Just seeing what would be a reasonable price to give him and sell the kit.

Thanks.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Lots of factors to consider in the pricing of a used kit. Are all of the original parts there, condition of the bushings and parts (ar they bent/bowed from off-road use), how many miles on the kit parts (the original leaf springs are **** and prone to sagging), are shocks included, if so, what shocks and how many miles on them? Those are just some of the questions I would ask to determine a reasonable price for a used kit.

I had a brand new kit that included Rancho's prototype one-off heavy duty Canadian rear leaf springs that I wouldn't have sold for less than $5K but instead decided to install on my H3T a year ago.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SolidusJ

I would assume without the springs would be best for shipping. All I know that it's installed on a "05" H3.

107142187_4703755999649999_5913132701784886929_n.jpg107536573_4703756086316657_8358897854024875873_n.jpg107489178_4703756216316644_6273105211587321132_n.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Installed on an '05 H3. LOL! Without the rear leafs, I would offer $500 - 750. If the bushings aren't in good shape or included, you will need to source, spec and have custom milled, new bushings, as Rancho no longer produces/supplies the bushings or any of the other kit parts for that matter.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Traxx

Rancho didn't make the bushings, they are all energy suspension bushings. They can be replaced but going to take a few hours research to find the correct ones. Leafs aren't that bad to ship, they don't need to be boxed. I would rather have them than have new ones built. Even GM just sends the spring with a label attached. Since it's an "05'" they are just going by the build date on the door, they probably don't know what they are sitting on so maybe you will get lucky.

SolidusJ

Rancho didn't make the bushings, they are all energy suspension bushings. They can be replaced but going to take a few hours research to find the correct ones. Leafs aren't that bad to ship, they don't need to be boxed. I would rather have them than have new ones built. Even GM just sends the spring with a label attached. Since it's an "05'" they are just going by the build date on the door, they probably don't know what they are sitting on so maybe you will get lucky.

Kit not for me, just helping out the owner on a price that would sell.

rascole

Rear leafs are an easy fix, bushings can be replicated but what is most important are the knuckles. The drop brackets all look to be in good shape but because it looks like you'll have to do the removal best price I'd pay would be $1000.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I agree with rascole, for $1k-$1500 it will sell very fast.

For reference i sold a rancho, front kit only, for $1500 about a year ago, sold in about 5 minutes after i posted it.

Traxx

If it is complete put it on the auction site. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it go over 3k

amrg

You can check on facebook too, lots of people interester but none to be found! I know one guy paid 4K for a new kit recently

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk