• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

H2 steps

Savethereef

Hey guys I'm headed from So Cal to Yellow Stone. Anyone have some U steps for a H2 along the way? Driving up now. Will be in Salt Lake City tonight.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I think you need to cast a wider net, like the entire US, and then wait months or years for anything approaching a reasonable price to appear. These steps are rarer than a good idea being posted to Facebook.

Savethereef

Yeah so true. I actually though of you when posting it but I could not remember your screen name. But after seeing it I remembered it. Well hope some one has one. Tks

Iwillnc

I got lucky bought a complete set (all 4) in like new condition in about 2011 for about $400.

Almost sheared one off the truck on a rock a couple years back - talk about feeling sick. I wasn’t even off-road at the time!!

Good luck in your search.

I wish I could find a set of LE steps but I’m not even going to attempt that battle. Even if I did find them I wouldn’t pay $1,000 which is probably what they’re reasonably worth.

Last edited:

MilamJR

I got lucky bought a complete set (all 4) in like new condition in about 2011 for about $400.

Almost sheared one off the truck on a rock a couple years back - talk about feeling sick. I wasn’t even off-road at the time!!

Good luck in your search.

I wish I could find a set of LE steps but I’m not even going to attempt that battle. Even if I did find them I wouldn’t pay $1,000 which is probably what they’re reasonably worth.

What steps are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilamJR

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/attachments/hummer-h2-8/26237d1502722276-u-steps-img_0305.jpg

I think those are pretty great, especially if you can find the matching molded rockers which aren’t shown in the above pic.

Thanks for the picture.
aa5964957fb1d65cf51ab45229754cb9.jpg

I have these that I took off and wouldn’t mind getting out of my garage.

Iwillnc

There are actually a ton of better pics out there that I suddenly can’t find that show the molded rockers that can be bought with these steps.

Oh well.

Iwillnc

Thanks for the picture.
aa5964957fb1d65cf51ab45229754cb9.jpg

I have these that I took off and wouldn’t mind getting out of my garage.

Oh yea, I have a set of black ones that have been hanging in the rafters of my garage for several years.

I rarely run any steps, but when I do it’s the quick removable U-steps. And after hearing a couple stories of them being stolen I’ve started putting a lock on them when I do take them out.

MilamJR

c8cbae32ce30cd8749090aa4d5cc3cf0.jpg

Here are the rock sliders I had built with Nfab steps that can be removed.

Iwillnc

c8cbae32ce30cd8749090aa4d5cc3cf0.jpg

Here are the rock sliders I had built with Nfab steps that can be removed.

Are they attached via the frame? I see a couple of these manufacturers attaching these to the body which is all wrong.

I don’t really need any steps at 6’2”, but everyone else does [emoji1787]

MilamJR

Yes they attach to the frame using the same points where the factory ones bolt in. I am 6’2” as well but my wife and mother think these steps are too high. Passenger side one got against a large rock in Moab and only left a scratch in the powder coating.

MilamJR

Thanks. This is what it looks like without the steps. The guy who did them did a good job.
b2f31a8747b88a0d8a767f1fe5e52a11.jpg

1claire

Cool! These steps bars on your H2 is kind of similar to my Aries 3' step bar that I purchased from 4wheelonline a year ago.

Last edited:

Savethereef

Thanks. This is what it looks like without the steps. The guy who did them did a good job.
b2f31a8747b88a0d8a767f1fe5e52a11.jpg

These look nice. I have normal chrome nerf bars that are hanging by a thread. Im currently in South Dekota and my rear window just crapped out. I'm gonna have to head to a window repair shop. Motor sound good but the wire that pulls the window looks like it came off. If I can't get it fixed this will be a stressful drive back to Socal.

Iwillnc

You can cut a piece of wood and put it in there to hold the window up if you have to until you can get it fixed.
https://youtu.be/bJYNMGrYuRo

Yes the wood thing works great, done that countless times.
I almost suggest keeping those window tracks on hand, i can almost guarantee they will fail.

I ended up repairing one of my broken ones with some hardware, cutting, and prayer. Held up for nearly 10k miles now. I doubt it will be permanent but the oem ones are far from permanent so what’s the difference?

Savethereef

You can cut a piece of wood and put it in there to hold the window up if you have to until you can get it fixed.
https://youtu.be/bJYNMGrYuRo

Brother thank you for the video. I took off the door panel here at the hotel. Ill be looking for a wood place up here to stick it in temporarily. Underneath and some tape to also hold it up. Appreciate it thank you.

MilamJR

Brother thank you for the video. I took off the door panel here at the hotel. Ill be looking for a wood place up here to stick it in temporarily. Underneath and some tape to also hold it up. Appreciate it thank you.

No problem.