• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

TPMS Sensors

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I have not yet had to replace mine but I'll likely go OEM but that doesn't mean others won't work. I haven't tried any others yet.

zebra

Schrader makes the OEM sensors, and we got a set off RockAuto...

just be aware of a few things: they won't check manufacturing dates before they ship, the dates printed on the box will probably be newer than the actual manufacture date stamped into the plastic body, and if you try to send them back for being a few years old, they'll say "they've just been sitting on a shelf so the battery's fine, and you'll ll have to mount them & prove they don't work before we swap them out."

8 months into the 5yr rated expectation, and they're working fine (knock on wood).

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Schrader makes the OEM sensors, and we got a set off RockAuto...

just be aware of a few things: they won't check manufacturing dates before they ship, the dates printed on the box will probably be newer than the actual manufacture date stamped into the plastic body, and if you try to send them back for being a few years old, they'll say "they've just been sitting on a shelf so the battery's fine, and you'll ll have to mount them & prove they don't work before we swap them out."

8 months into the 5yr rated expectation, and they're working fine (knock on wood).
The ones from Amazon come from a GM dealer and are recently manufactured. You might pay a little more but to me they were well worth the $$.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

H3V8

Were you able to get any that work that aren't ACDelco? I tried two different aftermarket TPMS sensors with the same frequency as ACDelco that were supposed to be a match, but they just wouldn't sync. Popped in the ACDelco and they synced no problem. I've just gone straight to ACDelco (can order them on amazon) since then to avoid the hassle.

In case you need the links, this is what worked every time I've purchased them.

Sensor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055AZN3O/
Valve Kit with Cap, Core, Grommet, and Nut: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049Z4FX0/

zebra

My TPMS sensors have not worked in years= I check the tires air pressure myself

to be fair, it gets rid of the annoying light, don't it?
and i check mine manually, too, to ensure they're at the correct pressure (not just "somewhere above minimum").