• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Random Question..

Lauren

Hey everyone,
Hope you're all well!

I was having a conversation with my friend the other day and I thought I'd ask for your professional opinions :)

Can you sit/stand on a H3 roof or bonnet (hood) without leaving dents?

I know this depends on how... "circular".. someones structure is, but I mean like generally..:giggle:

(for anyone who would like to know why I'm asking.... Basically, my friend asked if she can stand on the roof.. after I managed to wipe the horror off my face, I said no just in case she leaves dents.. she argued that "loads of people sit on their hummers for pictures" .. I asked her to prove that they didn't have dents after... etc etc)

enoc.jpg

Bowser-II

On the roof as long as the load is distributed onto the rails. Using the rails a load of about 300 lbs is okay.

I would not let someone on the hood. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can say from personal experience, NO, DO NOT let someone stand, sit or lay on the roof of your H3 under any circumstances.

Short version:
Went to get in my truck one morning and found a dunk ass college kid laying on top. He thought he was sleeping on top of his
girlfriend's truck (same color but stock) after she kicked him out of the condo the previous evening. The entire roof was rippled
and dented.

I was not amused.

Seems like it cost the insurance company around 2K to do the repair. Closer to 5K if they had re-skinned it.

Lauren

I can say from personal experience, NO, DO NOT let someone stand, sit or lay on the roof of your H3 under any circumstances.

Short version:
Went to get in my truck one morning and found a dunk ass college kid laying on top. He thought he was sleeping on top of his
girlfriend's truck (same color but stock) after she kicked him out of the condo the previous evening. The entire roof was rippled
and dented.

I was not amused.

Seems like it cost the insurance company around 2K to do the repair. Closer to 5K if they had re-skinned it.

Oh no!! That sucks! :(

Probably a stupid question, but how would that be fixed? do they pull out the dents or something?

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have some pics someplace of the roof mid-repair.

Being such a large panel, it was extremely difficult for them to work out all of the ripples.

There were still a few that remained visible (to me) but once I put the roof cross-bars back on, you never notice them.

I was not willing to have the tuck down for two months to have it re-skinned and did not like the idea of having the half the interior removed in the process.

Never did recover my $500 deductible.

Lauren

I have some pics someplace of the roof mid-repair.

Being such a large panel, it was extremely difficult for them to work out all of the ripples.

There were still a few that remained visible (to me) but once I put the roof cross-bars back on, you never notice them.

I was not willing to have the tuck down for two months to have it re-skinned and did not like the idea of having the half the interior removed in the process.

Never did recover my $500 deductible.

I know what you mean, once you know something is there, you'll always notice it..
I have some 'holes' in my paint on the fender above one of my back wheels.. and a load scratches where people open their car doors (people don't seem to care about hitting other peoples cars here) and it annoys me so much but loads of people tell me it's not noticeable

Should have got your $500 back from the kid who caused the dents!:)