• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Traction Control

SergH3

Hi My 2009 H3 has the traction control Icon and the stab need service message. The ABS light is not on.
none of the 4HI 4LOW controls work The only code I can find is C0276 which I'm not finding a description for this code.
Please help. I'm trying not to take it in.

spike10940

00c7526e695168fe09912e562bcea959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

rascole

H3's are notorious for bad battery connections that are the culprit for numerous issues. First round of troubleshooting - CLEAN the posts and connectors thoroughly then pull the 4x4 selector switch and CLEAN with contact cleaner, these are usually the the fix you need.

SergH3

I have cleaned the battery posts, Cleaned the selector switch and found the transmission module, under hood on the passenger side ? and cleaned the contacts with a spray and still nothing.
When I push and hold the selector switch they do flash, but none stay on and they are engaging nothing. When I push the traction control switch it does not light up. I don't know it it is suppose too

Time to cut the grass:whaa: And thanks for the help in advance.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Verify that none of the 3 4WD buttons are stuck in. A bad ABS sensor, one that's come loose or with a torn wire, can cause similar issues.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

MTUH3

Yes, if the ABS faults out, the T-Case also faults out. I have a bad Wheel Speed Sensor / Ring on an axle and have a similar issue you are describing

Guerrero

I have cleaned the battery posts, Cleaned the selector switch and found the transmission module, under hood on the passenger side ? and cleaned the contacts with a spray and still nothing.
When I push and hold the selector switch they do flash, but none stay on and they are engaging nothing. When I push the traction control switch it does not light up. I don't know it it is suppose too

Time to cut the grass:whaa: And thanks for the help in advance.

First of all, check your brake lights, if your brake pedal switch sensor is broken, then traction control light will arise..

If you dont have brake lights working, first check the brake light fuse in the fuse panel, I fixed a H3 here that had the same symptons than yours, and the problem was the trailer wire hitting the muffler and melting, causing a short, and then blowing the brake light fuse, that result in no 4wd modes working and no traction control and stabilitrack function

In mine, I experienced the pedal brake switch faulty, that results in a no traction control function or stabilitrack, but 4wd modes work....so you need still to investigate a little more, and post here news!

Hope this help you out!

austin316

Can You please tell me where it is located?
Thanks

Open your passenger side door and You will need to remove the part that I show in the picture, remove the clips and the next thing you will see is the TCCM, probably your drain tube is clogged and caused this part to get water damage.
Let me know if you find it.

Cape.PNG

SergH3

Found it that was easy.
I don't have a sunroof( base) so no leaks
I have the part ordered (24249053) I really hope this is the problem.

Open your passenger side door and You will need to remove the part that I show in the picture, remove the clips and the next thing you will see is the TCCM, probably your drain tube is clogged and caused this part to get water damage.
Let me know if you find it.

View attachment 26396

SergH3

Well good news and bad news.
My TCCM module was finally delivered yesterday. I installed it today The error code is gone and the selector switch buttons light up.
The first 4W light stays on 4WL works. As soon as I hit the 4WH it goes back to 4W. :emb: When I push all the buttons they flash as normal.
And no more error codes. Just Service 4WD message. I can hear some clicking when I hit 4WH but it won't stay engage. The I shut the key off and turn it back on .
I get the same thing again.
So Now what guys ?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Leading candidate would be a worn shift fork in the transfer case. Does it engage into 4low? But maybe also the encoder motor? The transfer case itself would not directly give you that error message (I don't think it can) but if the encoder motor isn't moving because of it's own issues, or because of issues within the transfer case, maybe that's the problem.

SergH3

I would hope not a shift fork It only has 64,000 Miles on it. It does engage into 4low.
I have read about a lot of Encoder motors going bad. Even doing exactly what mine is doing.So I have one ordered.I hope this is it.
I really have done nothing to this Hummer. I guess age is kicking in not milage .
THANKS SO MUCH :cheers:
Leading candidate would be a worn shift fork in the transfer case. Does it engage into 4low? But maybe also the encoder motor? The transfer case itself would not directly give you that error message (I don't think it can) but if the encoder motor isn't moving because of it's own issues, or because of issues within the transfer case, maybe that's the problem.

austin316

Try putting the 4WD in Neutral, that worked for me.
Follow the steps and when finish, turn off the engine.

[video=youtube;uqxJAQV-Dn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxJAQV-Dn4[/video]

08H3

Funny this came up at this time. I have has the same code come up sporadically. It doesn't seem to have one solution though, and I hate to just start throwing parts at it as the encoder and TCCM aren't cheap. Encoder motor seems to work fine, case always shifts fine until code pops up. Always resets and works fine after key cycle. Also saw some posts with bad yaw sensor causing same issue. Does the fact that the key cycle solves it for a while give anyone any clue which item would be most likely the culprit in my situation? For now it's infrequent enough that I've just filed it in the "Old Car Quirks" department, but I really don't want to be stuck in 4 Lo a couple hundred miles from home some day.

SergH3

I finally received my Encoder motor. I installed it two days ago. Finally everything is back to normal:cheers:
I spent the extra cash and bough the AC Delco motor. I hope it will last as long.
Thanks everyone for the help Your ask great !!
Now to do the front brakes. :roll: