• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Export Tail light and Corner light swap

jimmy p

I have noticed that the h3 came with different tail lights and front corner lights for the export models. I was wondering if anyone has swapped them on to a H3? I was thinking about adding in some amber or offroad LED lights into the extra light pods of the tails and maybe the same with the clear front corners. Please share pictures or ideas you might have. I am especially interested in how the amber lights look when illuminated. Thanks

amrg

The front corner lights are a direct swap but the rear tail lights' internals are different. The US version uses a brake/signal light and a reverse, while the Euro version has a dedicated yellow signal light.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jimmy p

Thanks I figured that and was sort of wondering if it would be easy to modify the wiring to get them working. If not could they be wired as extra bright offroad reverse lights or some other lights.

amrg

Perhaps its possible. You would end up with brake,signal and reverse and the yellow indicator would be left out (which you can piggy back to reverse or a sep switch giving additional rear lighting)

zebra

granted, i ain't checked part numbers or looked up swap feasibility, but i'd be willing to bet the african-built models use the same rears as the H3T... and likely the same (or similar) pigtail harness that you could pull from the pickup.
HUMMER-H3-Australia-14.jpg

2009-hummer-h3-4wd-4-door-h3t-luxury-angular-rear-exterior-view_100236282_l.jpg

as for the OEM clear fronts (with the fresnel lens), they're a little tougher to come by, but they are out there & look fantastic (much better than the plain lenses you see in aftermarket ones). they do bolt right in... but the bulb socket is different & requires either cutting the tabs on the stock socket to fit the keyway or sourcing the export socket (can't remember the part number off-hand).

amrg

Interesting! I never realised that the SA built H3 rear tail lights are similar to the H3T! Makes finding replacements easier since the dealer here doesnt have the parts catalog for an SA model.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Alpha X

granted, i ain't checked part numbers or looked up swap feasibility, but i'd be willing to bet the african-built models use the same rears as the H3T... and likely the same (or similar) pigtail harness that you could pull from the pickup.

H3 & H3T tail lights are NOT interchangeable. Mounting flanges are different. I do not know about the harness. I've seen the export style H3 taillights (which look like H3T taillights) on eBay plenty of times. Knuckleheads on eBay often list 'export' H3 tail lights as H3T tail lights.

Last edited:

jimmy p

Anyone have a source for clear forward facing front turn signals? In the past few months one of the oem parts numbers was discontinued at gm. My orders at the online gm dealers keep getting cancelled and obviously there are no used clear lenses here in the states. There was a clear aftermarket version too but they were replaced with the multi led version which I don't care for as much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk