• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I moved again

deserth3

Hi all.
I've moved again. I found a house on a half acre in Hinckley Utah.
I didn't plan on returning to Utah. But stuff happens.
On a side note. I went by Neo's place in Moab. New house is there and looks very nice. Didn't see Neo. Sorry I missed you.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Congrats on the new place! Saw the front yard pic on FB, looks like Roxy is going to enjoy her new digs.

JPaul

Growing up I swore I would never move to Utah (born and raised in New Hampshire). And yet, here I am, and have been for 15 years. Though I am closer to Idaho now than to most of major Utah.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could live in Utah. JJ however would not. Doesn't really matter because I live in Texas and until all the nutcases fleeing California, the rust belt and the Northeast turn Texas blue it is the best place in the country to live.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Moab has changed allot. And IMO not for the better.

I went through there a couple of weeks before you just went through. 3-4 new hotels being built and several new condo complexes. Traffic at hotel checkout time (mid to late morning) is horrendous heading north out of town.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I don’t understand why people flee CA then to try and make the new place like CA. Idahoans are scared of that.

I don’t want to change a single thing about Idaho and I’d feel the same if I went to Texas, Utah, AZ, etc.

MilamJR

I don’t understand why people flee CA then to try and make the new place like CA. Idahoans are scared of that.

I don’t want to change a single thing about Idaho and I’d feel the same if I went to Texas, Utah, AZ, etc.

All my friends in Texas say that people relocating there from California should not be allowed to vote for 5 years to provide an adequate time for them to be assimilated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chris, I couldn't agree more. Boggles the mind that people flee one place because of how it is and then immediately start trying to turn the new place into the old place.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Chris, I couldn't agree more. Boggles the mind that people flee one place because of how it is and then immediately start trying to turn the new place into the old place.

Pure stupidity I guess...it does irritate the living hell out of me though!

deserth3

View from my front porch.
Sorry for the delay. Been kind of busy
ce17506808bb8024ffc6334152d792fa.jpg
567ef4285d95ed6cdfeb5f3e96a264f7.jpg

deserth3

Sunset painting the mountains tonight. This was taken from my front yard.
6b5518e6c1bb41c4d53b1ddd3051438c.jpg

Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
congrats man it looks like a beautiful place, sweet sunset and the old fort could come in handy. still doing my part to turn Oregon red again. moab has gone nuts, too many hotels for me, traffic was why i left Cali. i will be in Moab for a week and a half starting in August and returning in time for Beeb's and Rick's wedding on the 15th. planning on sept 3rd-13th if anyone wants to crash and party they are welcome to.

deserth3

congrats man it looks like a beautiful place, sweet sunset and the old fort could come in handy. still doing my part to turn Oregon red again. moab has gone nuts, too many hotels for me, traffic was why i left Cali. i will be in Moab for a week and a half starting in August and returning in time for Beeb's and Rick's wedding on the 15th. planning on sept 3rd-13th if anyone wants to crash and party they are welcome to.

Yes. Very nice down here. I live on a dead end street with only 3 other houses and an Alfalfa field at the end. You can hear you ears ring at night. It's a very old house on a half acre that's been added on a couple of times. It's had amateur work done on it and needs some TLC. My son calls it a quirky house with charm...
I may try coming down in august. depends on this virus.
Passed by your new digs down there during the drive up here. Very nice!!

Last edited: