• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Greetings From the Land of Entrapment…err Enchantment

sturm

Probationary Member
Signed up a few months back and then forgot to write the obligatory intro post as life threw a few curveballs…
So hello! At the end of February of this year, after lots of research and lots of seemingly missed opportunities, I got my hands on an 09 H3 CE…can't put into words how much I love this truck. Haven't owned a capable off road vehicle in a long time and it's exciting to own one once again (especially living in the desert Southwest where 90% of s**t I want to visit/photograph is way, way, waaay off the beaten path). The current dearth of aftermarket parts specific to the H3 makes me feel quite late to the party, but I'll make up for that with enthusiasm and a good soundtrack…

She is bone-stock at the moment—except for an almost pathological impulse that led to dechroming, a complete fluid change (now running Amsoil synthetics; engine, xfer case, diffs, and transmission), and a G2 rear diff cover.

Currently amassing a small fortune in OEM parts that seem hard to find, and getting all aftermarket parts together for front end, suspension, tires, and anything else I can do while she's on the lift with the wheels off.

I know I'm in love with this rig…but I think what I am most amped about is the potential the H3 has—and all the fun (and cursing, and busted knuckles) I'm gonna have enhancing that potential.

Okay, I've blathered on enough… see you around!

–Matt