• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

RCV CV Joint

DFW Spartan

I haven't personally run them. However RCV is a very reputable company, and offer some of the strongest axles out there. There in lies the problem. Popular opinion is that running the RCV CV joint will shift the weakest link of your front drive train from your CV to your front differential. And it's easier and less expensive to change a CV axle than it is to repair your front diff.

That said, I'd also love to hear from anyone that has/is running the RCV CV joints, and get their feedback.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rascole

There are definitely better levels of strength on CV's. Cheap eBay brands will break on the street and AC Delco are regarded as the best. RCV will add strength but too little is known if the front diff will be the automatic next weak link.

amrg

I was thinking about those but they are pricey. If your destroying your oem cvs, check the reason. My driver side cv bit the dust recently but that was due to a rip in the boot which ended up making it run without grease. I blame it on the angle it was running at!
If its while doing something not normal, such as spinning a tire and then suddenly grabbing traction on a rock that broke it, then better a weak cv and good diff than a strong cv and a broken diff.
My original set of oems lasted 90K before one started clicking