• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Corral Canyon - 5/23

LagunaH1

Went down to Corral Canyon OHV area east of San Diego today with a few friends.

I didn’t get to take any pictures of myself while wheeling but here is one taken by a friend of mine:

fb4a5427cd26f2b497b0e3bd7ad7d033.jpg

I am VERY happy with how the Jeep performed. The limiting factor is definitely me, not the Jeep

This photo is from one of the more interesting obstacles on the Sidewinder trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LagunaH1

How do you like the Atlas?

I like it a lot. I’m learning to shift it on the fly. It’s synchronized which is nice. With 4.56:1 gears and a 4.3:1 reduction in the t case, I have a great crawl ratio.

I do want to eventually get disconnecting hubs on the front axle to stop the front drivetrain from spinning, and reduce vibration when crushing on the freeway

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't drive the Scorpion enough to be really smooth with it. About the time I get the hang of it the car goes back into the shop until the next trip.

LagunaH1

I don't drive the Scorpion enough to be really smooth with it. About the time I get the hang of it the car goes back into the shop until the next trip.

Then let’s make plans to go wheeling. What’s half way between Texas and ca?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Mexico. I am sure there are decent wheeling places there but I don't know where they are. Have to do some research.