• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Question time: 03 H2 Vs. 09 SUT

Real4WD

Ok...debate time.

Depending on a promotion in the next year, I will be in the market for another H2 since the H3T is nearly paid off. The T is a garage queen due to their rarity and her pristine shape. Do I: buy a higher mile 03 H2 to offroad and have fun with, or snag a low mile 09 SUT to preserve because Hummer history. (And because unmolested H2s are becoming harder to find) Price will not be an issue, and I know the mechanical advantages of the updated truck.

Iwillnc

Unmolested 08-09s are hard to find, it seems like half of them went through the same cheesy pimp my ride shop in Texas. Furthermore good luck finding an 09 with less than 100,000 miles for under $35k - prices are crazy.

I have mixed feelings, they are better (in my opinion) in every way than the 03-07s, the interiors are actually modern, the interiors are a huge step forwards, no longer are failed door panels a concern. The entire drivetrain is better, no more 4l65e weaklink.
BUT, the specific 08-09 parts that you don’t think about are going to become a Bch to find in coming years.

I have mixed feelings, I myself want one bad, though I’m not willing to spend $40k for an unmolested version and I remain hesitant about the parts.

The one positive on the 03-07 is the larger parts stock available in junkyards.

So to your question - I can’t help ya. Though frankly I would find an 05.5-07 if it were cheap enough over an 03 - the front diff was strengthened and the build process was improved.

fanugy

Another in Miami for 36- just may not meet the ‘unmolested’ idea. Craigslist vehicles are hours of entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real4WD

Unmolested 08-09s are hard to find, it seems like half of them went through the same cheesy pimp my ride shop in Texas. Furthermore good luck finding an 09 with less than 100,000 miles for under $35k - prices are crazy.

I have mixed feelings, they are better (in my opinion) in every way than the 03-07s, the interiors are actually modern, the interiors are a huge step forwards, no longer are failed door panels a concern. The entire drivetrain is better, no more 4l65e weaklink.
BUT, the specific 08-09 parts that you don’t think about are going to become a Bch to find in coming years.

I have mixed feelings, I myself want one bad, though I’m not willing to spend $40k for an unmolested version and I remain hesitant about the parts.

The one positive on the 03-07 is the larger parts stock available in junkyards.

So to your question - I can’t help ya. Though frankly I would find an 05.5-07 if it were cheap enough over an 03 - the front diff was strengthened and the build process was improved.

Good feedback...I used to have an 03, it was a great truck! Never had issues with the regular H2 complaints other than the damned roof leaks.

Real4WD

09 SUT to drive around as a daily driver. Enjoy your Hummers!

I do enjoy what I have! But, I am trying to save what I can for the future. Clean trucks are getting hard to come by, and I am in the process of starting a Hummer Archive/Museum (see my other post!). A low mile SUT would be a great addition.