• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Powertrax No Slip auto locker

Hi,

I have a H3 2007 Auto 3.7Lt Luxury pack and looking at putting in a locker.

After researching I found the Powertrax No Slip locker looks to be a good choose.

Based on value, less parts to go wrong, less intrusive install and always on, but good and quieter ratcheting and engagement for the street, means no stopping to engage then disengage if you remember on a rutted out trail, just keep driving through.

I came across your form as one of your users has installed one back in 2018, i have left a private message for him, but if anyone else can tell me I'm wrong or on the right path, that would be great.

Cheers

650Hawk

From the website:

"[FONT=&quot]Can I install a Powertrax product in the front and rear of my 4 WD?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In most cases where an application is available, the answer is yes. However, we do not recommend installing a unit in the front differential if the vehicle has a full time 4 WD and is primarily used on the pavement."[/FONT]

Hi,

Just an update to this post.

Thanks to jakesz28 for all your help.

I got the Powertrax No-Slip locker and works as advertised. If anyone is worried about noise from the Powertrex No-Slip locker, don't, as there is no ratcheting sound, just the odd click when she disengages. I have done full lock turns forward and revers at normal driving on the road with just one click sound and no locking of the diff.

I also had the car several trails I could not do before, one on a 30 degree hill climb, yep just sky, with two wheels in the air and she walked up it, so really happy with the cost and performance off and on road.