• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Here's an odd wonky one for ya... must be a Jeep thing... Good old Jeep

Happy Hummer

My Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 has ran cold 40 psi...warm 10-20psi for ages on the oil gauge. The other day I look down and it shows 40-50 psi. Fluctuations all over the place. Hmmmm.
I order a new pressure temp send unit and replace it. The new one shows same thing lol!
I've always had clattering and chattering when first starting the heep and now no chattering. Go figure. So out of curiosity, more than anything, I check the web to see what others are experiencing and to my chagrin 40-50 at idle and 30-70psi fluctuations approximately are the norm. All these years my engine has been to low on pressure now just right. Runs better this past few days too!

I know not a Hummer story but it a Jeep Cherokee thing... ha ha ha:emb::giggle:

08H3

I have a Wrangler that shows 0 psi at idle when hot. Ordinarily one would think that would be a red flag, but I've talked to lots of other owners who are like "Yeah, mines been like that for 100,000 miles." Mine is a 2.5 though, not a 4.0. definitely a Jeep Thing!