• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Blackie the 07 H3

Real4WD

Hey, all. Long time HXC member but since the club and forum are pretty much dead I figure it is time to move my build threads over here since it appears the HXC website's days are numbered. This was my first Hummer! MTF.....

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Have at it buddy. This is the permanent home for a lot of us.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Real4WD

Hello all! Watch the transformation of my 2007 H3 from a sad, bald tire, barely luxury package, into a full blown Adventure-Luxury package. (Factory correct and dealership options only.)

(8/12/14)

Here she is on the day I bought her with 127,244 miles on the odometer, and 4 bald highway radials . Fresh from MA.

Blackie On Big Rig.jpg

(8/25/14)

Bought new tires today! Cooper Discoverer ATP 265s. In addition, I removed the running boards and that damned plasti-dip and shined up the chrome, for that brilliant shiny glow. Also gave her the first Porterhaus detail, and dropped by the Hummer dealership for a check up. They let me play on the old display outside the showroom.

New Tires.jpg
Plastidip removed.jpg
Shiny.jpg
Classic Hummer.jpg

Real4WD

(3/9/15)

While on the HXC trip to Big Bend National Park, I upgraded the door handles and mirrors to OEM chrome (Part# 19156158 and 19156156). Switched with a club member. Thanks Kevin! Factory Chrome Package Stage 2/5 complete. (Lacking the grille, roof rails and fuel door.)
BBNP.jpg

(3/24/15)

Purchased and installed the OEM rock slider rails (part #12498471). Factory Armor Package state 1/3 complete. (Lacking factory UCP and grille guard.)
RR.jpg
RR Installed.jpg

(4/4/15)

Installed the factory UCP package (part#12498474) today. Factory Armor Package stage 2/3 complete. (Lacking the OEM grille guard.)

UCPP.jpg
UCPP Installed.jpg

Real4WD

(4/5/15)

Installed OEM chrome grille today (part# 15834196). Switched with a club member! Thanks Rhory! Factory Chrome package 3/5 complete. (Lacking fuel door and chrome rails.) [In hind sight, I should have kept the body color grille. Too much chrome.]

Chrome grille.jpg
Chrome Installed.jpg

(4/25/15)

Installed OEM Roof Rails (part#12498492). Factory Chrome Package 4/5 complete (Lacking the chrome fuel door).

Roof Rails.jpg

(5/8/15)

Installed factory HUMMER chrome fuel door. Part#19131532. (Factory chrome package is now complete. Grille guard optional.)

Fuel Door.jpg
Fuel Door Installed.jpg

(5/19/15)

Installed OEM grille mounted off road lights. GM part# 19159112. (H3 light package stage 1/2 complete.)

Grille LIghts.jpg
Grille Lights 2.jpg
Grille Lights Night.jpg

Real4WD

[h=3]Re: B-HMMWV Build/Upgrade Thread[/h] by B-HMMWV » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:42 pm
(7/24/15)

Repaired and repainted front bumper/impact bar (15814973), and repaired/repainted front frame clip.

Installed the factory adventure brush guard (part#12498478) today. Factory Armor Package stage 3/3 complete.

Bumper off.jpg
Frame rail.jpg
bumper rust.jpg
Brush guard installed.jpg

(8/4/15)

Installed OEM Seaport Hummer backpacks. They replace the stock netting on the backside of the front seats. Part#SPHU001BL Interior storage package stage 1/5 complete.

backpacks.jpg

backpack1.jpg
backpack2.jpg
backpack3.jpg
backpack3.jpg
backpack5.jpg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks! Not many Hummers in South Korea where you are now.

I saw two young service guys at the bar of my hotel in Seoul, the Aloft in Gangnam. They read on the Internet it was a good bar but I never saw it with more than 3 people in it, and that was the three of us. They were a bit disappointed with the location. I sent them over to Hongdae.

Real4WD

Wish we were allowed off post. It would be more fun. The H3 and H2 builds are from my pre-Army days. There are a couple H3s snd one H2 on post here. Low key jealous! I will be back soon enough