Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Low Profile
    Thanks
    I'm in SW WA State. My county (Clark) has 116 cases and 6 dead with total as of today 879 tests submitted. While I have been working from home for over 2 weeks, I have gone into the office twice as we are operating under the essentials list. I have plenty of supplies myself. I have dug into some already, for rice for my parents who are both in high risk categories and the stores have been hit or miss on whats been available. My adventures out into the world (Groceries, fuel, etc) have been nice as the traffic is light and I have worn nitrile gloves and noticed I wasn't the only one. My daughter works at the local mall and has now been officially furloughed as the mall has been closed for weeks. I expect this to go on for more weeks than we would like. interesting times indeed. Local gun shops are doing brisk business too.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 1,077 Posts
    So far I have seen no reason to need it but people might want to carry a little more firepower than usual.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Hummers View Post
    So far I have seen no reason to need it but people might want to carry a little more firepower than usual.
    Agreed, if you stop listening to the media the whole situation suddenly becomes a lot more tolerable/less depressing
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    Agreed, if you stop listening to the media the whole situation suddenly becomes a lot more tolerable/less depressing
    Agreed, I was outside mowing the grass the other day and it was refreshing to just get away from the constant end of the world headlines. Keep a level head, common sense, and going about some routine will help with the sanity.

Ramrod, yes I am super jealous you have a home gym right about now lol.
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have a really well equipped home gym but my lower back and left shoulder have been bothering me for a few weeks and I am not going to the doctor right now unless I really, really need to so my workouts have been infrequent and less intense the last 3 weeks or so and I can feel it.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE

KJ6JCC

All Terrain
    Thanks
    I have a really well equipped home gym but my lower back and left shoulder have been bothering me for a few weeks and I am not going to the doctor right now unless I really, really need to so my workouts have been infrequent and less intense the last 3 weeks or so and I can feel it.
    Might want to try some Jocko Joint Warfare. It has worked pretty good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Alabama has 1,084 cases and 28 deaths as of this afternoon. More worried about civil unrest from economic collapse caused by the virus than from the virus.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    A fight here and there over TP or some item but so far not too much mischief by the masses. It could get worse as people get more desperate.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE

KJ6JCC

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Hopefully your back and shoulder get some time to recover and you can get back at it.

I was having a huge issue with my knee last year and a few things I did to help get me back on track is using a HyperIce compress (It's joint specific and the compression helps get the cold nice and deep) added turmeric and black pepper to my morning coffee (help reduce inflammation and does not taste all that bad). After a while I stopped having a knee the size of a balloon and then I was able to start to slowing increase activity and build strength back up.

Not that the above will work for all injuries as there is a million ways to hurt yourself, but getting rid of inflammation in the body is good for you not matter the injury/health status of anyone.
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Baja

Thanks
    Just found this thread.
    I gave up work and retired last year. Moved in with my son near Houston. V.A. raised my disability rating to 80%.
    I picked the perfect time to retire.
    Been under a shelter in place for a few weeks. Hasn't affected my much. Except my daily drives have stopped. I take Roxy to the park in the morning so she can chase squirrels. The a walk in the afternoon. Roxy has made several friends and likes to visit them.
    So all of this nuttiness hasn't affected me much.
    Now spend my time considering where I'll live next. Need to move back to where it's not so humid.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Know your Bugs Bunny.... Very important.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Went into Cabelas Sunday looking for masks and jerky. I was told that they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. They sell, WISE and other brands of long term food, jerky, nuts, balaclavas and other face shields etc. but are not allowed to sell anything but guns and ammo because the City of Waco considers them a gun store only for the purposes of being open during the Covid19 lockdown. Full racks of nuts, jerky, face masks, long term storage food and they can't sell any of it. How much sense does that make? People are scavenging all over town for some of this stuff and Cabelas is stocked but can't sell. By the way they had zero pistol ammo to sell and were out of any rifle caliber that you would want. Unless the guys at the gun counter already have ammo they weren't getting any at Cabelas.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE

KJ6JCC

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Went into Cabelas Sunday looking for masks and jerky. I was told that they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. They sell, WISE and other brands of long term food, jerky, nuts, balaclavas and other face shields etc. but are not allowed to sell anything but guns and ammo because the City of Waco considers them a gun store only for the purposes of being open during the Covid19 lockdown. Full racks of nuts, jerky, face masks, long term storage food and they can't sell any of it. How much sense does that make? People are scavenging all over town for some of this stuff and Cabelas is stocked but can't sell. By the way they had zero pistol ammo to sell and were out of any rifle caliber that you would want. Unless the guys at the gun counter already have ammo they weren't getting any at Cabelas.
    As President Reagan once said “the scariest thing you can hear is “we are from the government and we are here to help you.”” Not sure if I got the quote exactly right but hopefully you get the message.

Sir Welds a Lot
    Thanks
    Picked these up a couple of years ago from a polaris dealer.They came with 1 extra filter
    They exceed N95 rating but are not certified yet. They have up to a 60 hour use.
    https://rzmask.com/
    They still have some available on the website

Might be worth checking out the local offroad shop to see if they have any left.
    Last edited by speedy; 04-06-2020 at 10:54 PM.
    They call me
    "Bebe's On Board Mechanic"

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    I have some N95 masks but they were from when I was doing CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) and I mainly used them around the house for working on stuff like grinding or in the attic or crawl space. Didn't realize I should have already picked up another box or two beforehand. Still have several since I try to reuse them since it wasn't for biohazards or anything like that. Just more stuff to add to the list to stock up on once everything blows over and prices and stock normalize.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    2008 H3 Alpha

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I've been busy modifying the cars at home. I don't go out that much and if ever I need to I always wear a mask, bring my alcohol, and practice social distancing.