• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Covid19 Prepareness

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Went into Cabelas Sunday looking for masks and jerky. I was told that they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. They sell, WISE and other brands of long term food, jerky, nuts, balaclavas and other face shields etc. but are not allowed to sell anything but guns and ammo because the City of Waco considers them a gun store only for the purposes of being open during the Covid19 lockdown. Full racks of nuts, jerky, face masks, long term storage food and they can't sell any of it. How much sense does that make? People are scavenging all over town for some of this stuff and Cabelas is stocked but can't sell. By the way they had zero pistol ammo to sell and were out of any rifle caliber that you would want. Unless the guys at the gun counter already have ammo they weren't getting any at Cabelas.

MilamJR

Went into Cabelas Sunday looking for masks and jerky. I was told that they are only allowed to sell guns and ammo. They sell, WISE and other brands of long term food, jerky, nuts, balaclavas and other face shields etc. but are not allowed to sell anything but guns and ammo because the City of Waco considers them a gun store only for the purposes of being open during the Covid19 lockdown. Full racks of nuts, jerky, face masks, long term storage food and they can't sell any of it. How much sense does that make? People are scavenging all over town for some of this stuff and Cabelas is stocked but can't sell. By the way they had zero pistol ammo to sell and were out of any rifle caliber that you would want. Unless the guys at the gun counter already have ammo they weren't getting any at Cabelas.

As President Reagan once said “the scariest thing you can hear is “we are from the government and we are here to help you.”” Not sure if I got the quote exactly right but hopefully you get the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
Picked these up a couple of years ago from a polaris dealer.They came with 1 extra filter
They exceed N95 rating but are not certified yet. They have up to a 60 hour use.
https://rzmask.com/
They still have some available on the website

Might be worth checking out the local offroad shop to see if they have any left.

Last edited:

JPaul

I have some N95 masks but they were from when I was doing CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) and I mainly used them around the house for working on stuff like grinding or in the attic or crawl space. Didn't realize I should have already picked up another box or two beforehand. Still have several since I try to reuse them since it wasn't for biohazards or anything like that. Just more stuff to add to the list to stock up on once everything blows over and prices and stock normalize.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1claire

I've been busy modifying the cars at home. I don't go out that much and if ever I need to I always wear a mask, bring my alcohol, and practice social distancing.