• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Error Knock sensor 2 bank 2 high and 7 cylinder misfire

lsv_palana

Hello dear friends.. I have a problems with my v8 hummer h3.. Knock sensor 2 bank 2 high. i have changed sensor, cleared contacts on harness.. nothing.. it appears when rain or wet.. engine with with error not run normally... also i have 7 cylinder misfire.. i have changed spark plug, coil, wire - nothing helps... Now i plan to change injector.. pleas give any advice about my errors..

Отправлено с моего SM-N975F через Tapatalk

lsv_palana

Damp sort of equals wet. Wet out. Raining, high humidity, and so on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yes.. often when wet... but sometimes in dry condition. i think these two errors are cause ich other...
ee0c11ef186b6c73323df0e3e59b411d.jpg

lsv_palana

Finally i have beat these errors. 7 cylinder misfire was caused by injector #7 error. i have replace it and error gone. More complicated was error with knock sensor... i have checked all wires - they looks normal, but when i check them with tester they shows that they are shuted.. so i have cut wires from PCM to knock sensor and made my own wirea from pcm to knock sensor. Both errors are gone.. New one appears... p0420 catalyst efficiency low... bank 1.. bank 1 located on 7 cylinder side.. before i changed injector i never seen this p0420 error... Maybe this error have some connection with injector change ?

amrg

Move the sensor from one side to the other, see if the problem comes again.

lsv_palana

Move the sensor from one side to the other, see if the problem comes again.
Done it.. i have moved sensor as you said.. before do it Problem appear often. after do it problem appears much more rarely.. but on same side. (7 cylinder side) what it means ?

amrg

It means the sensor isnt bad, next step is to check for exhaust leaks on that side or a bad cat. If you have a scan tool, you can also check the temp on each side and see if there is a big difference, and check the fuel trims on each side.
A clogged catalytic converter will get very hot so the temps will be way higher. If you have an exhaust leak, the truck will add or subtract fuel more on that side than the other (assuming your injectors are fine/ coils and so are the spark plugs)

lsv_palana

It means the sensor isnt bad, next step is to check for exhaust leaks on that side or a bad cat. If you have a scan tool, you can also check the temp on each side and see if there is a big difference, and check the fuel trims on each side.
A clogged catalytic converter will get very hot so the temps will be way higher. If you have an exhaust leak, the truck will add or subtract fuel more on that side than the other (assuming your injectors are fine/ coils and so are the spark plugs)
I have tech2. can you teach me how to get these readings...

amrg

Im using torque pro app to get them on my fone... they should be listed as
For fueling : LTFT1 ,LTFT2
Temps: CAT B1S1 , CAT B2S1