• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

07 H3 Corvette LS 6.0

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
When someone gets rid of a project vehicle after so few miles (1750 here) that never inspires a lot of confidence in me.

amrg

The engine bay looks nice and tidy, but thats 50% of the story! If the exhaust is routed properly and it used the alpha engine oil pan, trans oil pan then the whole thing would be fully done! The way the air intake is done is disappointing though given its a hot air intake, it couldve been routed as a stock alpha

amrg

Probably went with a holley ecu and bypassed the oem unit, instead of trying to make it work with stock components....

fanugy

I put a crate LS2 in my alpha and the dash was plug and play- I used the intake from the 5.3 so i wasn’t driving a 6000# corvette, then changed out the cam, torque converter etc. took some serious tuning after install (the tuner only took 20 minutes of driving and programming though). Still a laundry list of things to do but engine and tranny are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrg

Looks like a dual core crossflow radiator! By having the tanks on the side like that You can probably gain 4" more core height running that setup which would help cooling (it will need it).

fowlken8

interestingly, on the carsforsale.com ad it has the history of the vehicle's listing. In 2016 it was listed with the i5 engine, no hood louver and an "alpha" badge on the rear hatch. How weird.

amrg

I like it! 400 hp and 4.56 gearing why not!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

XanyCam

"I like it! 400 hp and 4.56 gearing why not!"

I like it! 400 hp and 4.56 gearing why not!

Ok so I'm new to H3s & well..... my first one I bought a few months ago with an LS3 Crate & I have the 4.56 gearing & just bumped from 33s to 37s..... so ya I wish I could shove 4.88 or something else in but not happening... Please educate my elementary mind, is there anything else I can do to regain that which I lost in the bumping of tire size. or any other suggestions.

(((( feel like I'm taking in info like mad reading all these threads n such))))

Xany-

amrg

Depending on Whats your budget...
You can supercharge it, thats 150 hp/tq added at the minimum and will set you back 8K.
Otherwise, put a torque cam in it to bump low end torque, possibly 1K
Another would be a 6l80e trans swap, 4 forward gears and 2 over drive (as opposed to the H3s 3 gears and 1 overdrive), makes the H3 feel lighter off the line and have the option to be in 5th or 6th on the highway, (7K)

Now from all 3 options, Id start with a cam then 6l80e, as supercharging will require have a stronger trans to live (6l80e/6l90e), possible 2wd tcase mod to keep the front axle alive and alot of suspension mods to keep the H3 under control (alpha tbars and stiffer rear leafs/airbags)

Last edited:

4speedfunk

A solid front axle swap will allow lower gearing. The stock rear axle can be re-geared without issue. I commonly install 4.88 and 5.13 gears and this setup works well with 37” tires. Cruises nicely at 70mph and stays in fourth gear.

It’s a huge project ($$$) but it does allow lower gearing than the stock IFS.