• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

CSF Radiator

H3TDave

Look at installing the CSF 7061 radiator in my 09 h3t alpha. Right now I dont have any leaking issues but I'm looking to get more cooling out of the swap. Are these worth the 500. Or would adding an auxiliary trans cooler and blocking off factory ports be just a beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

amrg

Too many people coming back saying their csf radiators are leaking. Some get replaced under warranty, others have issues doing so.
I got a griffin radiator. $800 isnt cheap, but its 2.65" thick and uses 2 rows of 1" thick tubes, you cant get any better with cooling!

Bowser-II

Counterpoint to AMG (not that I don’t like the thought of the Griffin [emoji57]), but maybe I am just cheap [emoji2369]

Using an OEM radiator and routing the coolant to a dedicated radiator works well and is cheaper. It does require custom mounting and line routing but also does wonders for keeping the transmission cool. I did use a manual transmission radiator and a larger transmission radiator than I needed.

Adding another, large radiator may block some airflow into the engine coolant radiator and cause the engine to run a little hotter than it did prior to the new radiator addition.

Depending on how the hardlines / flexible tubes run you may need to make a point of checking the hose clamps especially if your usage of the truck causes it to bounce around and chuck left and right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascole

I can't recommend CSF aluminum radiator (CSF OEM style have not had the same issues from what I have read). Mine started to leak after 20k miles from the top tank where the tubes connect, repairing it would have cost $300. I was lucky enough to have bought mine through Amazon Prime, Amazon refunded me the full amount and I installed a OEM radiator. I am almost done installing a external transmission cooler. If I run into temp issues I will upgrade to the Griffin or a Ron Davis if they are still around. For now I would avoid CSF aluminum.

Clark

Don't Do It!!! My aluminum radiator didn't even last a year. CSF gave me a hard time on the warranty because I didn't buy it directly from
them. I bought it from one of their distributors in PA. I finally got my money returned after endless emails with the seller. While CSF sat back
and did nothing but give me their song and dance. I ended up buying a plastic tank radiator from ebay with a lifetime warranty. Would you believe
3 years old and still going strong....... I did a write up a while back on my situation........Once again I do not recommend the CSF aluminum radiator.

Traxx

Oem one works fine with or without an added external cooler. Certainly better than some cheap built shiny bit.

Bowser-II

Oem one works fine with or without an added external cooler. Certainly better than some cheap built shiny bit.

Sure, it works fine till it cracks and mixes engine coolant with tranny oil. That’s why for those of us with an auto add the external cooler. But man, your spot on, the price of the oem radiator vs an aftermarket even with a potential replacement once or twice with the oem was a no brainer for me.

Some vehicles just have ‘regular maintenance’ items that maybe were not originally intended to be regular maintenance items...

amrg

I had 4 oem radiators replaced, each lasted 40K max. Alot of the ones who saw the internal radiator breakdown and mix coolant with trans oil were usually the ones lucky enough to have their radiators last much more than this (making them unlucky in the process)

clickclickboom

I also got a leaky radiator from CSF. installed it about a year ago, and it leaked immediately somewhere near the top tank. It's been slowly getting worse, so finally warrantied it from CSF. I was careful to buy from a certified reseller so I wouldn't have any warranty issues. CSF replaced it w/o question, and i'll probably get the leaky one repaired as a spare.

They're really nice looking radiators, made an appreciable difference in cooling, but they can't seem to make any that don't leak. I'm hoping the new one will be better.

Of note - if you do get a CSF, make sure to take a picture of the serial# on the bottom before you install it, you'll need it for the warranty, and it's a pain to get to when the thing is in the truck.

Vdawg1115

Mine lasted 3.5 years. Just recently developed a slow leak on the top reservoir and I currently have a generic store brand in my H3 now. There’s a long story to all that. Now I do have another CSF still in the box sitting in the garage waiting to install. In the 3+ years it has worked well.

MilamJR

Your H3’s have given my H2 the leaking radiator virus!
c68f486b6b219f0f70013711f7832d52.jpg

MilamJR

When I get ready to put the fan back on does anyone know what the bolts should be torqued to?

MilamJR

Had enough room so I didn’t have to remove the fan. New drive belt and hoses installed. Radiator next!
fbe973f109a17b232e7a3e0187beebde.jpg