• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

LED/Radio Issue

Odimus

Well I installed my new plug and play LEDs only to find out they cause static on the radio when they are on. The light bar doesn't have this issue. Stock radio. Any one else see this issue?

Odimus

headlights. as long as I keep them off during the day it's fine but at night it's time for CDs...

JPaul

What brand? I used these with no noise issue: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHCQ8KY

Several others have used those as well just fine. However I have switched back to these halogens from Philips: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1OLOP0

Reason for switching back is the LED bulbs aren't really quite correct and were giving me a large amount of light right in front of the truck which was washing out the light being cast down the road. I'm probably just going to get some DOT legal LED fog lights, either the KC Hilites Gravity or Diode Dynamics.

JPaul

Honestly those look horribly designed, does everyone flash their high beams at you? They aren't even trying to mimic the filaments of the halogen bulb.

I would ditch those and go with the Beamtech if you really want led bulbs. It's too bad Diode Dynamics hasn't released an H13 LED bulb yet, but supposedly one is in the works.

Noise in the stereo when those are on is due to insufficient or failed filtering in the bulb assembly. Could just be one of them causing it. You could try hooking one up at a time to see if only one of them causes the interference.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

H3ATH3N

JPaul - I just installed the beamtech h13s in my 06 H3 and now hi and low beams are swapped. Did u have this issue, and if so, how did u fix?

H3ATH3N

JPaul - I just installed the beamtech h13s in my 06 H3 and now hi and low beams are swapped. Did u have this issue, and if so, how did u fix?

JPaul

I did not have that problem. You do have to make certain the bulbs are going in the right way, it is possible to install them upside down which would affect that. They have a collar that is locked in place with a set screw. You may need to flip that around 180 degrees. When I installed mine I very carefully compared the orientation of the stock bulb filament when installed and made sure the led bulbs matched.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

H3ATH3N

Thanks - I will check that out. I remember a comment somewhere about needing to use the Allen wrench that came with it on SOMETHING