• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello From Utah

AutoJunky

Hi everyone! I’m a Hummer newb but I now own an 05 H2 and and Frankentsein 06/08 H3 Alpha. I’m hoping for some guidance on the Alpha build so if any of you are savvy with electrical please let me know. I need some help with hooking up my harness.

Last edited:

AutoJunky

Nice. I'm up in Cache Valley. Think you'll try to come over to Moab in April for the Black Sheep trip?

I don’t know anything about the Black Sheep trip. However, as of right now I am not sure I am planning on building my H3 into a crawler.

JPaul

I don’t know anything about the Black Sheep trip. However, as of right now I am not sure I am planning on building my H3 into a crawler.

There is a thread for it in the Rockies section under Regional Discussions: https://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php/14259-2020-Black-Sheep-Week-April-12-18

The stock H3 is already crawler enough for the majority of what we do. As long as you have good All Terrain tires at a minimum (33 inch is probably the smallest I would go with the Alpha) then you'll be able to get through pretty much everything. I took my base '08 3.7 down there a couple times (no lockers, 2.7:1 transfer case or whatever the ratio is, 33" Goodyear Duratrac tires) and had no real issues. Even the H2 if it has good tires will do fine for the most part, I think we'll have at least two of them down there this year. If you want to learn how to drive either of those rigs well offroad then this is the trip to do it on. There are a lot of really great guys that know these rigs really well and they will make sure you get through everything safely as long as you listen to them.

AutoJunky

Sweet. That sounds like a super good time. I have a jeep and a blazer that I have built for serious crawling but the hummer would be fun to take out and see what its capable of when stock. I just don’t want to beat it up. I’ll check into that thread.