• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Raysbestos vs Centric vs Wagner vs Delco Brake Master Cylinder

apollo18

ey guys got a 2003 hummer h2 and noticed the brake fluid is light green/olive color so going to be chagning it asap. also the master cylinder is leaky so just gonna get a new one.
the ac delco one is almost double here in canada looking online and i dont really wanna spend that much if i dont have to.
is it ok if i just get a aftermarket one?

i found these ones for a decent price on rock auto

RAYBESTOS MC390542 $90
CENTRIC 13066042 $100
WAGNER MC144044 $79
or the delco
ACDELCO 18M1107 $168

I am currently leaning towards getting the non ac delco one as I save some money but if you guys think I should only go with oem delco for brake master cylinders then i will for sure do that, but If i am able to save some money without sacrificing anything then I would love to go with one of these $90 MC

if so, then which of those 3 do you recommend? off the top of my head i know raysbestos makes decent brakes so i lean towards there MC, but I am not an expert with MC so just going to go with consensus

thanks!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've been lucky enough to not have to replace a master brake cylinder yet. They tend to last a long time - looks like your OEM one made it 17 years. That's a pretty good indicator of reliability.

Iwillnc

I replaced 2 around 2011-2012, so far the 3rd ones the charm. I went with AC delco