• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

what ceramic brakes to go with?

apollo18

Hey guys! i know this has been discussed tons but just wanted some updated info, going to be swapping out the pads soon, my rotors are fine and looking for recommendations. i dont tow but i obviously want the best performance i can get for the price!

i was looking at rockauto and it seems like any of those brake pads are in my budget range, what do you guys recommend? i think i read the oe pads are:
ac delco
17D785CH
which are around $60 cad

I also found these:
ACDELCO
17D784SDHSevere Duty; Ceramic for $90 cad

AKEBONO ASP785A for $97

BREMBO P10026N $80

POWER STOP Z36784 $64

AKEBONO ACT784 $67 these are on sale for only $67 not sure if there worth it

so what do you guys say? is any of these better then the other? or all basically the same thing?

i just want the best pad, money doesnt matter

thx!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
If you like the performance of your current brakes, sticking with AC Delco (especially the better product lines like Professional and not the Advantage line) can be a good choice. I've stayed with them for my H3. Only once did I swap to a store brand and I wasn't happy with those.

apollo18

i am leaning towards the Akebono ASP because i read and seems like they have the best bite out of the other pads but just wondering if anyone has experience with these or what is the absolute best pad

thx!