• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

rockhound's build

Rockhound

I'm not sure how far I will take it. I used to do a lot of hardcore wheeling, mainly jeeps, I sold the f350 and am onto a F150 that is nice enough to handle clients, so the hummer will be just a toy. Not sure if i iwll be doing more sightseeing or wheeling in the h3
So far:
2006 Lux/adv package 94k on the clock today
Removed a lot of the bling, wheels, chrome nerf bars, chrome hood faux vents
Removed and cleaned the entire interior, looks like new
Removed obnoxious flowmaster exhaust and metal mulisha 5 inch tip, installed walker megalflow and 2.5 inch tailpipe
2.5 inch lift, torsion and rear shackles, not sure if I will go bigger than that
33 inch duellers, lucked into an oem set of rims with brand new tires, $600 for the package shipped, was too good to pass up
new lighting, really nice haolgen set of bulbs, led fogs, nice for being OEM lamps
30000 lumen front trail lights, They work nice, but they dont go far enough down road, probably going to swap them for the HELLA 500s i used to run on my jeeps
ordered new 160w rear trail lights will post up when they get installed
E-locker mod for use in 4hi
New touch screen, dvd, sirius, bluetooth etc etc stereo, uses the OEM monsoon system
Deleted the hood louvers
Ordered a foot switch for front lights (lots of rural colorado driving, so will be using them as high beams to spot deer)
Hidden winch/plow point

The start:
1.jpeg

Hood faux vents deleted. Braised with silicon bronze, smoothed primed, 4 coats of raptor liner with three coats of satin clear. The holes from the overhead marker lights got the same treatment, that required new edge and top trim around the windhshield:
20191226_175410.jpg

20191227_162911.jpg

New winch point:
20191228_114926.jpg
20191228_153357.jpg

Looking more respectable:
20191229_155815.jpg

New headlight bulbs, my oem lamps are in good shape, these are just the low beams, not bad:
20200208_185413.jpg

removed a bit of stereo wiring, rebuilt the OEM harness, the new stereo harness is on the left, not sure who wired it before, but its not good...
20200117_160129.jpg

Last edited:

Rockhound

The new exhaust is way better than the crap that came off it, the flowmaster was obnoxious, the 5 inch tip made it even worse, this has a decent sound, the sound is very mild at speed