Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Update:

Change of plans, after a pretty decent wreck, that hopefully wonít total the truck, Iíve went ahead and adjusted the torsion bars myself since Iím already paying insurance for an alignment so I may as well take advantage of the chance. Other than a sheared tierod everything under the front end feels very tight.

My understanding is that each full revolution of turn on the torsion bolt is equal to 0.2 inches of gain on the front end.
    I have one of those wonky torsion bars that was almost fully cranked to make the truck stock height from the factory on my passenger side. So I was able to get 4 full revolutions out of the torsion bolts on the passenger side, since my truck has always sit higher on the driver side (even with full tank of fuel and myself) I only gave the driver side 3 full revolutions. (Theyíre marked of course).

The bump stops have apparently failed again, so that will be a cheap fix Iím going to go ahead and order.

I think I like how the truck sits now, itís a very slight rake but I prefer that over extreme squatting when towing so I donít plan on doing green keys for the additional 0.2 inches I originally planned. The trucks clearly taller when getting in, I was at the max upward travel of my legs on my 6í2Ē frame before and I can definitely feel that extra height getting in and out.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    As I expected I filled the tank today and the driver side came down a bit.

Itís odd because if you look at the suspension geometry the driver side looks like itís turned down steeper than the passenger side, all the angles look much steeper. It visually appears that the driver side - by looking at the suspension - that the driver side is cranked further and one would expect it to sit higher when a tape measure it put up to it.

However, the tape measure shows that the passenger side is sitting higher than the driver side, the numbers contradict the eyes. Iím inclined to go with the numbers despite what my eyes are telling me.

Iím going to take some more measurements but I expect that I will be cranking the driver side up half a crank. So 4 rotations on Pass and 3.5 on driver.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Iíve since taken more measurements that reconfirms my original suspicions, the driver side does in fact STILL sit 1/4 higher than the passenger side despite a nearly full fuel tank. So with that I will be leaving my torsion bars at 4 full cranks on the passenger side and 3 full rotations on the driver.

I accept the 0.25 difference because the driver side is typically heavier in normal use. What is important is that the truck is now sitting closer to level, I can still see a difference in the height on each side but itís much less noticeable so I am happy.

As I said I still need to replace my bump stops especially now - I can now feel wallowing going through turns and canít imagine how the truck would feel with the 2.5 inches of crank some people are doing.

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwillnc View Post
    I’ve since taken more measurements that reconfirms my original suspicions, the driver side does in fact STILL sit 1/4 higher than the passenger side despite a nearly full fuel tank. So with that I will be leaving my torsion bars at 4 full cranks on the passenger side and 3 full rotations on the driver.

I accept the 0.25 difference because the driver side is typically heavier in normal use. What is important is that the truck is now sitting closer to level, I can still see a difference in the height on each side but it’s much less noticeable so I am happy.

As I said I still need to replace my bump stops especially now - I can now feel wallowing going through turns and can’t imagine how the truck would feel with the 2.5 inches of crank some people are doing.
    Might as well replace sway bar bushings, should help with the wallowing as well
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to poking holes in the wrong place.

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    The sway bar bushings are not that old, probably 35,000 miles on them.
    Trucks getting repaired from accident right now but I have my new suspension bumpers ready to get installed once I get my truck back.