• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

03 H2 Hummer won't start

snowJ

I just replaced my battery today and it still will not start. Help

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

snowJ

I started it this morning and started to back out and it died. I can hear a clicking noise in the fuse box next to the battery. I just checked every fuse and they are all good. The key did get stuck in the ignition and I was able to get them out.

snowJ

When I open the door the lights come on but as soon as I try to start it they completely go out.

TonkaTank93

Mine has had very similar symptoms. For me, it was loose battery terminals. I give them all a food solid wiggle, and recycle the key. So far, that has been my go-to fix even though I've tightened my terminals and they're never lose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

snowJ

I have tried that already. I have completely cleaned the terminals and brought new screws.

snowJ

It is a brand new battery just bought today.

TonkaTank93

I know it's a severely tedious task, but have you loosened, cleaned, re-tightened all of your grounding connections?

TonkaTank93

Also, is there a process which works to get it started? Or does it seemingly randomly start back up?

snowJ

The lights will come on when I open the door but goes off as soon as I try to start it.

snowJ

Thank you for all of your help. Evidently I had no idea that my husband installed a kill switch and he hit it getting something out of it this morning. He is lucky that he is alive right now. Lol

Zach

Mall Crawler
Thank you for all of your help. Evidently I had no idea that my husband installed a kill switch and he hit it getting something out of it this morning. He is lucky that he is alive right now. Lol

Was going to ask about that. But.... too late. Glad you figured it out