• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Everything we know about the 2021 GMC HummerEV Truck (+ Super Bowl Ad)

USMC_315

I’ve always thought Tesla’s were pretty cool and obviously Hummers. This is going to be a match made in heaven for those who aren’t trying to go on cross country expeditions... like me :)

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I've got no doubt that any shortcomings running an electric platform like this off road, this HUMMER crowd will sort them out.

GMC wouldn't have taken this on if it was going to be less than stellar--we've finally entered the electric age!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remain to be convinced. Hybrid maybe, all EV not so interested. Weight will be critical, clearance...who knows? Spares for when people shatter things using the massive torque? Do approach and departure angles mean anything in the design of this new Hummer model? Clearly this new model will not mean an increase in availability of spare parts, aftermarket accessories etc. for any of the older branded models. I guess a 400 mile range, ( unconfirmed ) would get you on and off the trail if you were in Moab or an off road park but driving two hours to Marble Falls, running trails for the better part of a day and then driving home seems sketchy at best and unlikely if you are fully loaded. Pulling a trailer, no idea what that would do to the range. What does it look like? What does it cost? Too many unanswered questions for me to have any interest at this point. With Lebron being the point man my guess is it will be geared to a different crowd than the original Hummer owners. I could be wrong but we will see. ( Man I hope it doesn't come with 20" wheels, low profile tires and a chrome package )

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do have a 2020 Corvette on order with all of the performance options. Unlike some I waited until they had actual models to show you, performance specs, colors, option packages, prices extra. I knew that it was something I wanted before I put a deposit up. Some people beat me by almost 3 years on dropping a deposit on one and they will get theirs a few months before me. I am perfectly ok with that.

Jeff V.

It'll be interesting to see how this shapes up relative to the marketing hype. I just hope this and the Rivian R1T will make people see what an overhyped joke the Tesla CyberTruk is.