• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Best Day of my Life!!! We're back!!!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not really. It is just a model of GMC truck. They are slapping the Hummer name on an EV GMC. Might be cool, might not be.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Not really. It is just a model of GMC truck. They are slapping the Hummer name on an EV GMC. Might be cool, might not be.

They had to use the IP before they lost the rights. While I am excited to see an electric off road vehicle, I am disappointed they used the Hummer branding. I put it in the same category as that Ford Mach-E monstrosity with the Mustang name.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Given that it’s a HUMMER, it better not rival a Mach e(ccchhh)

id love to be the first new world explorer to run it through its paces and drive it through deep water crossings, up steep boulders and make it live up to its HUMMER namesake

Zach

Mall Crawler
Given that it’s a HUMMER, it better not rival a Mach e(ccchhh)

id love to be the first new world explorer to run it through its paces and drive it through deep water crossings, up steep boulders and make it live up to its HUMMER namesake

[emoji1787][emoji1783]. Be the first to dump milk in the back of it, bling it out[emoji15], cruise the mall parking lot, etc.

Heya Twinmill!!! It’s been awhile

Traxx

I think visually that it will be a hit, performance for the typical buyer will be great. Off road performance will be where it either shines or flops, although I doubt they care much about pleasing the 1-2% of people that would use it that way. I also expect it will be rather difficult to afford for the average buyer, if it rivals or, most likely, exceeds the Denali trim level. If it stays under 70k ish, which I doubt, I'll cheerfully trade the current wheels in for one after all the hubbub dies down.

Since it's to be loosely based off the H4x design, the big question is will there be a T version? If the General really wants the EV market they need a full size truck with a minimum 500 mile range and doesn't look like something left over from a really bad sci fi movie (Tesla).

If they built an H2 with the H4x styling with specs to match I doubt they could build them fast enough. When I had an SUT nearly every single guy wanted it except for the 'if only it had a real truck bed' part.

LagunaH1

I doubt they care much about pleasing the 1-2% of people that would use it that way.

To me, this is a really interesting point. Look at what made the original Hummer such a hit, what has made Land Rover popular and what has made Jeep popular.... it's the real off-road capability and the general perception that these vehicles HAVE real off road pedigree. Sp.... time will tell obviously, I for one happen to think the EV Hummer might just turn out to be pretty darn capable. -Another reason why this MIGHT just happen (speculating, obviously) if the hot, competitive market for off-road vehicles. If GM can build a highly off-road capable EV, then they might just have a real hit on their hands.

Time will tell of course.