• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

1977 ford f100 custom with a 429

FloridaH3

This is my true love. Mine since I was 16 (first car) 10 years ago. Bone stock 429, haven't had the time nor the funds to get her freshened up yet. Also swapped in a 78 f150 grill and kept the round headlights.

boat pic.jpgnew grill.jpg

MilamJR

My father had a black one like that with a 429 out of a Thunder Bird. Had to really baby the throttle or it would burn down the rear tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
My 77 was a little different than yours, but man this thread brings back memories. It was my first step into the world of 4x4's.
It was a POS with a weak ass 351m and a shelled out front axle when I first got it.
Miss the **** out of that truck

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
My 77 was a little different than yours, but man this thread brings back memories. It was my first step into the world of 4x4's.
It was a POS with a weak ass 351m and a shelled out front axle when I first got it.
Bet you still have parts for it in your garage

FloridaH3

My father had a black one like that with a 429 out of a Thunder Bird. Had to really baby the throttle or it would burn down the rear tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 429 is the 200hp one from 73 (they were trying to make better emissions LOL), so she has some goodies coming in to freshen it up to get to that level. There were two in my life, the "Black Cat" a 77 f100 2wd and a 79 f150 4x4 called "Ol Blue". Both my dad's and he is the reason I grew to love them so much

FloridaH3

Never loved something so much that pissed me off so much at the same time lol. She has sat up for several years while I've been getting my Bachelor's and JD, sent a bunch of goodies for my dad to get her back driveable for him again. He's like a fat kid in a candy store this week lol. I called to ask if he saw the packages "Yeah your mom called cussing me out asking why there were two pallets of truck parts in the garage" LOLOL.