• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The NEW and OFFICIAL H4O Facebook Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The FB page should get a bit more attention going forward. Send a request to join if you want. I don't see any open requests right now.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
We're switching things up a bit on the FB pages. The "business" page will likely be dormant. The community page where y'all have been approved to join will be active once again. It will no longer be restricted just to H4O members; it's for all enthusiasts. Members still have to be approved but that's just to make it easier to kick out spammers and trolls.

We'll be getting a lot of newbie questions there. For efficiencie's sake, I would recommend directing back to the appropriate thread here that has the solution. If they are not H4O members, it is easy to sign up for H4O using the FB credentials.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I will be shutting down the Facebook site as of June 1. After four years of having the FB page up, I learned that it doesn't drive traffic to the forum; instead, it drives traffic away.

Facebook provides some nice instant gratification for the user but it certainly doesn't function well as a knowledgebase. And while many say forums are dead (long live the forums) I do no wish to hasten their demise by contributing to sites that are driving away traffic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Enter Hummer

Sorry to see it go! It was a good place to ask newbie questions and get answers to the simple stuff and then refer peeps to the forum for the hard core reference material.
I always ask newbie questions and will continue to ask even the most pathetic questions on the forum because these guys are very patient and forgiving. This isn't tacomaworld.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Sorry to see it go! It was a good place to ask newbie questions and get answers to the simple stuff and then refer peeps to the forum for the hard core reference material.
True, it was a good intro space but it also leaves me troubled that many of the answers were flat out wrong or uninformed, and the OP might walk away with bad information. On the forum, when bad information is provided there are other responders that quickly stamp it out. Prior to FB, forums like this were the destination even for the easy questions. We won't be changing the world by killing off our page, but we may slow down the demise of forums like this by killing off our FB page.

One of the things of which I am most proud about this forum is that you will NEVER hear "RTFF" from a member (read the ****** forum) asking you to find the information yourself instead of them lending a helping hand. Newbies are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.