• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 H3T rear drive shaft for SOA

Lchase

I'm about 90% ready to green light my Rancho/SOA install, just waiting on my shocks to get here and I need to know what length the rear drive shaft needs to be for the SOA.

Can you guys that have done this on a T tell me what measurements are needed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SolidusJ

I'm about 90% ready to green light my Rancho/SOA install, just waiting on my shocks to get here and I need to know what length the rear drive shaft needs to be for the SOA.

Can you guys that have done this on a T tell me what measurements are needed?

I think it's more about getting the right pinion angle.

Lchase

Ah ok, I was thinking it was a measure as you go thing but was hoping I could get the shaft and not have to leave it up to the shop to get it.

4speedfunk

Each truck is different. Measure it and get a new one made. It will be approx. 1” to 1.5” longer than stock. The new one will most likely be smaller diameter steel rather than the big aluminum tube. Reuse your factory driveshaft yoke.

Best method for measuring is to rotate the rear axle until the yoke is sitting horizontal. Then slide your driveshaft yoke into the t-case (also horizontal) until it bottoms...then pull it out one inch. Then measure from yoke to yoke (from the center of u-joint cap to center of u-joint cap). This is the number you want. All driveline guys use center to center measurements. Should run $250-$350.