• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

1993 h1 hummer

orrbl77

Looking to buy this h1 1993.
Price is $48000. Just checking to see if this is a good price.
38cfb652f4618f5b6d6ec8c19894c6f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prices are high and going higher but on the surface this seems high for a 93. Need to know more about it though. Still have the old 6.2L with the TH400 tranny? Interior condition. Obviously a few extras but no winch. Does it have the CTIS and does it work? Does the AC work? Status of services?

orrbl77

It does come with a winch. Just not in when pics were taken. I'm looking at it this weekend, so any points or tips would be appreciated

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Conversions are tricky. Who did it, how well did they do it, does everything work? The Cummins conversion is not as problematic as the Duramax because of the electronics issues with the Duramax conversion. The Cummins is loud and old school. The conversion probably cost in the mid 20s but they likely won't get the entire cost of the conversion. Base truck probably high 20s to low 30s. Add in 50% of the cost of the add-ons/options/conversion and that will get you close. Whether the AC works is a big one. Also some 93 trucks were the Recruit series and did not have CTIS. That is usually a negative also.

orrbl77

Ok, it has ctis but wasnt hooked back up. So it sounds like a good deal, right? I'm new to this but just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed. Thanks for your help

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still sounds a little high to me. The wagons bring more than anything but the HMC4s and sometimes even more than them. The early 92/93 H1s also had lighter half shafts and A-frames. Did they upgrade those as part of the Cummins conversion? Still haven't determined if the HVAC works. That is a big deal value wise. ( they barely worked when new and in perfect operating condition ) I would say 40-42K is as high as I would entertain paying for it. I would also insist that all CTIS parts come with the truck. I have seen "the truck has it but it isn't hooked" up really mean all that **** is stripped off the truck or a lot of that stuff is missing but some of it remains.
Sometimes a truck just trips your trigger. If you look at it and fall in love with it then you might be willing to pay a little more than market to get " the truck". I notice the seats have covers over them. What condition are the seats in? Interior pieces are the hardest to come by with many out of production and out of stock for years. Anything on the interior that you see that is cracked or broken on a 93 is likely to be very hard to find and very expensive. If you see things that need replaced go to www.hummerpartsguy.com and look to see availability and price. That will help you figure out what it might cost you, if it is available, to replace the piece. Good luck and hopefully the truck is really nice when you go to check it out.

orrbl77

New details on h1 1993
5.9 cummins....74000 miles
New transfer case
New transmission
Top speed 70mph
New ac
New seats
New wheels and tire
Ctis there, just needs hooked up
Then everything else in pic

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds good. I still think my price range is pretty accurate but you know how close this truck is to what you want and you will drive it and see its condition in person.