• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Throttle body cover

FloridaH3

At the back right (if you’re looking at the engine) I have a small hose connected to the bottom side of the throttle body cover (to the right of coil #1). Any idea if this is supposed to be connected to anything? I don’t see anything it could be connected to.
1969bea4d59e3f0ef55baec6d41ee00e.jpg
c3cc138d46fb0ef2205d7f73b58391f2.jpg
1969bea4d59e3f0ef55baec6d41ee00e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaH3

Just wondering if I should plug it up before I put it back on, or leave it if it is some kind of back pressure let off of some kind

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm thinking someone did some home engineering on that one since that connector with the worm clamps is not OEM. That would also explain the oil on the engine. There should be a hose from the top of the valve covers - essentially a PCV valve but not replaceable because it's part of the valve cover - that goes into the intake. Oil will exit the PCV under certain high load conditions, go into the intake to get burned up. I'll see if I can find a picture or diagram. I think it's that nipple just inside of the last screw hole.

FloridaH3

I'm thinking someone did some home engineering on that one since that connector with the worm clamps is not OEM. That would also explain the oil on the engine. There should be a hose from the top of the valve covers - essentially a PCV valve but not replaceable because it's part of the valve cover - that goes into the intake. Oil will exit the PCV under certain high load conditions, go into the intake to get burned up. I'll see if I can find a picture or diagram. I think it's that nipple just inside of the last screw hole.

Was wondering where the oil was coming from. Recently had a shop replaced the valve cover gasket that had been leaking so thought it was leftover from that. Thanks !

Traxx

Looks like someone had an extra lug nut laying around. The things people will do to save a couple dollars on a hose.

FloridaH3

Looks like someone had an extra lug nut laying around. The things people will do to save a couple dollars on a hose.

Honestly wouldn’t even be that upset about it if they had plugged the pcv vent as well, if you’re gonna jerry rig it at least do it right lol